Chapter 2.4

Chapter 2.4:
Midnight Memories
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Maya had finally calmed down. She locked herself in her hotel room, turned on the tv, and grabbed a bag of popcorn.

"This entire fuckin' trip is bullshit. I swear. Haven't seen Richie in fuckin'.. I dunno.. years. And this is how it goes? Bullshit." Maya muttered to herself, flipping the channel to the bachelor.

"These guys all look the same.." Maya mumbled, shoving popcorn into her mouth. "Not even hot."

A knock at the door interrupted her viewing. Maya groaned, set the bowl of popcorn aside. She stood and walked, not very far, to the door.

"Beverly?" Maya's brows furrowed, while her blue eyes softened at the redheaded woman. "Hah.. Hi."

Beverly laughed, "Wow, after all these years, I can still make you weak in the knees, huh?"

Maya blushed, rolling her eyes, "Oh, whatever. If I recall, I could do that to you to, couldn't I?"

Beverly shrugged with a laugh, "A simple look could do that."

"Oh, sorry! I'm so rude, eesh. Do you wanna come in?"

Beverly laughed, "You haven't changed a bit, have you?"

Maya scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I have, to changed!"

Beverly stepped into the small hotel room, taking it in. It looked different than hers, but the same.

"Richie looked really hurt after you left, y'know." Beverly commented, sitting herself on the bed.

Maya frowned, "He, uh, he knows I didn't mean any of the stuff I said, right?"

"You should tell him that before he leaves."

Maya nodded, now suddenly feeling incredibly guilty for the things she's said to him. She never meant any of it. It just came out when she heard Richie say those things about Stan.

"I know you already said you didn't but.. I gotta know, did you actually suck his dick at prom?"

Maya gasped loudly, "Oh my God, no!"

"Well then what happened?"

"Nothing! We just sat in the bathroom stall eating cake and talking after my date ditched me." Maya explained, leaving out a part.

"And that's it?" Beverly looked shocked, "He made it sound so believable.."

"Not exactly.." Maya muttered, hoping Beverly hadn't heard her.

"Holy shit. Maya, spill."

"It was just a stupid kiss! We were both drunk out of our minds, trying to forget something.. or someone.." Maya   finally broke, "It didn't mean anything to either of us and we haven't talked about it since."

Beverly's eyes widened as she cleared her throat, unable to help the feeling of the little green monster creeping up her spine. Though, she shook this feeling off as she changed the subject.

"Is that wine?" Maya nodded, leaning over and grabbing the bottle.

"Want some?"

Beverly nodded, so Maya got up and poured her a glass.

By the end of the hour, Maya and Beverly were drunk, reminiscing about their childhoods.

"And that time with the quarry? The summer of '90 when you came to visit.. it was just you and me."