Chapter 2.11

Chapter 2.11:
"And How The Hell Did You Manage To Get That?"
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The sewer water splashed under Maya's feet as walked, her hand covering her nose.

"Eesh, doesn't smell any better." Richie said, grunting.

"Well, what'd you expect? It's been twenty seven years. People have been shitting for twenty seven years, dude. Lots of shit. Just.. all shit. And piss.. Shiss.." Maya rambled, shining her flashlight around the walls.

"Maya, are you using humor as a coping mechanism again?" Beverly asked.

"Pft.. of course not." Maya scoffed, "But, no, the answer is yes.. I'm having, like, a fucking panic attack.."

"Do you need my inhaler?" Eddie spoke, "Because I have it! I mean, it's like.. twenty-seven years.. old.. but, uh.. if you need it, have at it!"

"I'd rather her have at me." Richie teased, nudging Maya.

"And she'd rather have at Beverly." 

"Mike!" Maya gasped, shaking her head at him. "You-You can't just.. don't say things like that!"

Mike chuckled, trying to calm himself down, as she shined her flashlight around the room they fought Pennywise all those years ago.

"Shit, this is it.. This where it all happened.." Ben shook his head as he looked around the room.

"Ah, shit. All the kids stuff is gone.. That's, um, good right?"

"No, Maya."

"That's fair."

"No! No! No! No!" Eddie muttered as the group walked, or rather, swam, over to the center of the room.

Instead of an immense pile of child toys, there now stood what looked like a claw in the middle.

Maya let out a shaky breath as her feet hit the wooden flooring. "Here we go again.."

Maya whipped around at the sound of Beverly's screaming, "Beverly!"

The sight of an old demonic looking woman, her clutches tight on Beverly.

"Holy shit! Be-"

"Time to sink!" The creature pulled Beverly under water with it.

Maya let out a distressed scream as she jumped forward into the dark and murky water without a second thought.

She could hear the faint sound of Eddie's voice, thought it was muffled, as she searched the water for her beloved.

Maya took in a gasp of air as Bill pulled Beverly up, asking her if she was okay.

"Bev? Beverly, hey, are you okay?" Maya asked, taking Beverly into her arms. "Look at me."

She stammered out incoherent sentences, clutching to Maya.

After minutes of cradling the taller woman, Beverly finally calmed down.

"Hey, Mike.." Richie asked, "Where do we go from here?"

He pointed to the wooden deck where Maya had previously stood.

"Great." Richie clapped his hands together and bowed sarcastically, "After the lesbians."

"We aren't-" Maya turned to look at him as the rest of the group walkrd

"You are."

"Well.. okay.." Maya said slowly as she stepped onto the wooden deck.

Mike began explaining the ritual, though it sounded like another language to Maya.