chapter 4

Someone said "a lot of people struggle with sleep because sleep requires peace"

- I felt that

~nobody's POV~

Keith didn't get any sleep at all after his first-ever shift and he put makeup on before riding his way to school. The fact there was even ONE person at the school at that time already made Keith shake and he wanted to just be gone already, his father and the manager had known what would happen to him but they didn't care. The thoughts ran through Keith's head over and over so he ran to the library... there was never anyone in the library so it must be empty... boy was he wrong...

He got to the library and the whole football team as well as Lance's friendship group was surrounding a whiteboard and writing some things down. One of the boys saw Keith and grabbed his arm.
"Yo lance! What do we do with this one?" the jock called loudly and lances ocean blue eyes met with Keith's distressed purple.
"Keith?" He breathed softly and he pulled on a smile.
"Don't do anything, bring him here," Lance smiled and Keith looked like he was going to lose his mind right then. The player did as he was told and bought Keith to Lance, Keith was shaking majorly when he got to be in front of Lance and of course lance noticed and so he took Keith's hand and went to an isle in the library away from people. The secluded space only made Keith start to freak out more because he didn't know what lance was going to do... what if he-

"You look like you're going to collapse, here," Lance pulled out a soft chair hed hidden here and gave Keith a pillow.
"You need sleep, take it easy and ill let you know when the people are gone," Lance said softly and gave Keith a soft smile, he ruffled Keith's hair before he left and then Keith curled up on the chair and held back his tears.

The meeting in the library lasted only another half hour but Keith was out cold by the time it was over. Lance was watching him deciding whether he should or shouldn't wake Keith up when Keith made a noise and rolled around. This made Keith's shirt pull up and Lance didn't like what he saw there...

Keith had bruises and scars and burn marks able to be seen there and lance felt infuriated, who would hurt Keith like that, Keith never did anybody wrong so why?
Lance was pulled out of his trance as someone called his name from outside.
"Coming!" Lance called and bundled Keith up in a blanket before moving him to where he had the chair hidden earlier so no one would see him. Then he left and he caught up with his group swinging his arms with his strides.

Keith wasn't in class for the first three lessons but Keith stumbled in late and looking on the verge of tears and he'd already been crying during the fourth period which conveniently was Coran's class. Keith apologized to the teacher before he silently moved to the seat beside lance.
"Can we study at lunch break?" Lance asked gently which made Keith flinch but he shakily nodded. The class continued with Keith tapping a rhythm on the table and lance watching every subtle movement from Keith. It was almost the end of class when Coran decided to pick on Keith and make him come up to solve the equation, Keith immediately froze and started shaking so much, lance wouldn't watch him break down and definitely not in class.
"I'll do it, sir," He said and he walked to the front and solved the problem they were supposed to. The lunch bell then rang and Coran grumbled as he dismissed the class.
Lance went over to Keith and flashed him a cute smile.
"let's go?" He chuckled and Keith nodded blankly and stood. Keith really WAS thankful that lance had done that for him but he wasn't ready to break at school or open up so he was anxious about this 'study session' with lance... lance was too perceptive. 

((695 words, I hope you enjoyed because ive been really trying, I thank anyone so much for reading because I try so hard on these stories, I love everyone so much))