new life

Rosé POV

"Sweetie please pack your things, we have just 4 hours until our flight is leaving." my mother said with a slightly nervous tone in her voice. I mean it is quite understandable. We should be in the airport right now, but my lazy ass didn't pack the luggage, so I was extremely stressed.

2 weeks earlier my mom married my stepdad Eric. After a few discussions, we decided it would be the best if we would live in Seoul, where Eric lives, instead of here in Melbourne. My Korean wasn't even that good, because I didn't speak a lot Korean at home. So this would be a big challenge for me. My mom was actually very happy about it and couldn't wait to see Eric and her old hometown. After we finished with our packing we took a taxi to drive to the airport, which was just 30 minutes away. And now we are leaving our old house, school and my hometown behind us.

We were starting a whole new life and leave friends and unforgettable memories behind here in Melbourne. Seoul we're coming!

After a marathon race trough the whole airport with my mom, we were able to enter the plane.
"Mom we did it, we can finally relax."I told her with loud breaths. "Next time please pack your luggage one day before we're leaving" she said with her head resting on the seat and her eyes closed.

As I was sitting comfortably in my airplane seat, the thoughts of meeting people in the new school came in my mind. I was/am horrible at making new friends, because I'm not very talkative and not very open for friendships. You know friendships sometimes sucks...

Yeah I'm kinda afraid of that, but I could chat with my best friend Lisa. She made me feel supported and loved. Lisa was the one, who was always there for me even in bad times. It's awesome to have a friend like her.

Sometimes I think that I'm not enough for her, she needs someone with a real smile, not someone like me, who would just lie in bed the whole day.

I know her since we were 8 years old, so I can't imagine a life without her beautiful smile and her funny personality. Without her I would be definitely dead...

"Roseanne can I have your game console what was it called the Nimdendo Stich? I'm so bored." My mom interrupted my thoughts and looked at me with a bored face."It is Nintendo Switch not Nimdendo Stich mom." I giggled at her cuteness.

"I don't care what the name of this plastic crap is, just give it to me!" she shouted at me, so I gave her the console without any hesitation, before she explodes because of boredom.

"Roseanne how do you turn this thing on?"
I knew this would happen. I guess I can't watch my favourite movie. This will be definitely a very very long flight...

Finally, after like 200 hours flying with my mom we arrived in Seoul. Eric came to pick us up and drove us to his house, which was 2 hours away from the airport.

After 2 hours of talking and driving with Eric we arrived at our new home. It was a lovely house with 2 floors not to big but it looked very cozy. Cozy like Rosie.

"So do you guys like it?" Eric asked with a friendly smile.
"Are you kidding me this house is more beautiful than I have imagined." Mom told Eric and earned a kiss from him.

Here we go again being the third wheel. I guess they already forgot me. "Don't worry Rosé you also have your stepsister Jennie, so you don't have to feel awkward." he giggled, as he saw my kinda disgusted face.

Well I nearly forgot about Jennie. I've never seen her, but Eric told me that we would be good friends, and she would show me the new school, so that I don't feel excluded.

I guess she's still in school, so I have to wait and watch my mother flirting awkwardly with Eric. That's going to be awesome...

As Eric guided me to my own room I couldn't believe my eyes. It was exactly like I always imagined my dream room. A huge bed where even 2 people would have space to sleep. Even a big bookshelf with some old books in it.

"Wait is this guitar for me?" I looked with a surprised and exited face to Eric. "Yeah just for you. Your mom told me that you love to play the guitar, so I give you the old one from Jennie." He gave me his friendly smile.

"Thank you that means so much to me. But is Jennie okay with this?" I was kinda concerned that I would take it without her permission.

"I'm sure she's okay with it." Again his
wide smile was plastered on his face, so I returned a small smile too. He was so kind to me. Eric already made me feel like I was at home and not in a foreign house. "Thank you for everything...dad"

"Listen Rosé you don't have to call me that when you're uncomfortable with it, I know what happened to you and your Fath-"

Before Eric could say anything I stopped him and my happy mood turned in just a few seconds into an awful one. "Please...please never mention him again." I began to stutter from embarrassment.

Why did my mother tell him this story about my father? She promised me that it would be our secret. My face became red from a mix of feelings.

Since I didn't want to show me from my vulnerable side, I went to the bathroom to calm down. This 'father' topic was always difficult for me, because I couldn't speak about it, at least not now.

Eric approached the door "Roseanne I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything..."
I tried to calm down so that I could give him an answer. "It's okay, It's really not your fault." "I'm just...I'm angry, that my mother told you that."

"Okay... again I'm really sorry about that. If you have calmed yourself down, please come down for dinner." He left the room so that I could be alone for a while.

Eric POV

I went to the kitchen to help my wife with the food. "Where is Rosé? I thought she will come to help us."Emi asked as she was cutting the cucumbers for the salad.

"I'm going to call her. You can finish the cutting." Before she could go, I
grabbed her by her arm. She looked at me with a questioning facial expression.

"Wait she is not feeling well now. I kinda messed up the situation between us." I stated sadly
"Why what's going on?"
"First I showed her new room. Then she called me 'dad', which was very surprising, but..."

"But what Eric?!" she said with a louder voice.
"I began to talk about her father, which made her angry, and then she locked herself in the bathroom." worriness was written all over my face.

"Now she will be mad at me. I promised her not to tell it to anybody. I need to talk with her after the dinner." Emi said. "Yeah this would be a good idea."

Rosé POV

There are so many things in my mind right now. I can't get this thoughts out of my head. The only thing I see in the mirror, is a helpless 17 years old girl, who has fears to talk about her problems.

Maybe I look like someone who smiles and laughs a lot but inside... I'm just a mess...

It's already late, so maybe it will be nice to eat dinner, besides Jennie should come in about 15 minutes. Hopefully she's nice and we can be good friends. Before I unlocked the bathroom door, I washed my face with cold water to calm down.

Finally, I went downstairs, both of them were already sitting at the table with some food on their plates. As I approached the dining table, they looked at me as if I was an alien. Of course, they would give me the 'are you okay?' look.

Without saying anything, I sat down to eat. Oh god I was so hungry. So hungry that I even forgot that I was hungry, if that even makes sense.

My mother watched me the whole time, as I stuffed my mouth full of salad. Our eyes met, her eyes were filled with guilt and I knew exactly why.

Her mouth opened to speak. "Do you like your food, you seem to enjoy it." A small smile was visible on her face. "Yeah It's really delicious mom. For the first time in a while you finally haven't put too much salt in it." I mentioned jokingly.

"Yaaahh Roseanne don't be so mean to me I never put too much salt in the food... Okay maybe it happened a few times but I'm better in cooking than you."
"Are you sure mom, cause the last time, you said that you like my food more than you-"

Suddenly the front door opened with a loud noise and a black haired girl was visible.

Holy moly guacamole...