At the cinema

Rosé POV

I got dressed and waited until mother and Jennie were ready to go. "So are you ready girls?" mother asked us. "Yes, let's go," I said, and we got into the car and went to the town where the cinema is.

After we arrived in the city we walked around and went into all the different shops. Mother still had to go to the pharmacy for some advice for her continuous headache. So we went our separate ways, and I was left alone with Jennie.

So what are we going to do now?" I asked Jennie as my gaze turned to her. "I don't give a fuck. As long as I don't have to do anything with you," said Jennie as she walked ahead. I caught up with her and stopped her. "You really want that? Okay, I'll go on my own." Before I left, she rolled her eyes, like every time when she gets annoyed.

Later I went to my favourite bookstore. I love to read books, because It always feels like I enter a new world that feels very beautiful and realistic. Besides that, I could often identify myself with the books, which made the reading experience even more special. When I arrived at the bookstore, I couldn't wait to pick up a book and take a closer look at it. The smell of the newly arrived books immediately got into my nose.

I was looking at a few books and saw a book from a small distance that looked very appealing to me. When I wanted to take the book with the nice cover in my hand, I felt that another hand was about to take it.

I excused myself and left the book to the person until I saw who it was. It was Jennie, who looked at me in astonishment. I also gave her a surprised look. "Umm Rosé, you know this is a bookstore, not a toy store." she remarked with a smile on her face.
"Ha ha, you're so funny Jennie, I can't." I faked a laugh and wiped my non-existent tears away. "No, I'm serious. I didn't even know that you can read," said Jennie with a very serious face.

"W- you're serious? I'm not stupid Jennie. Give me the damn book now, I want to look at it." "Why don't you just take another copy of it?" After she said that, she was gone. I turned to the shelf to pick up another copy until I realized there wasn't any left. The last copy was in Jennie's hands. My body was already full of rage and I went looking for Jennie, because I wouldn't give up that fast. I will get that damn book before Jennie.

It was not easy to find her as the shop was quite big. I noticed her brown hair and the book in her hand. I approached her and took the opportunity to grab the book from her hand.

"Hey, give it back!" Jennie complained. "Absolutely not. I saw it first." "No, you didn't, you asshole." she said with a saucy tone, "Excuse me? What did you just call me?" I asked her as I crossed my arms. "Yes, you heard me right. Never mind, you can have the book." Jennie said with a sigh. "Thank you very much." I put on a fake smile and took a closer look at the book before I finally decided to buy it. I playfully stuck my tongue out at Jennie as we walked outside together to wait for Mom.

Put your tongue back in or I will..." "Or else what, Jennie?" There was silence for a moment, but then she said. "I don't know, but something bad is going to happen, so stop behaving like this." When she said that, I looked at her in amazement and pulled my eyebrows together. "Are you really trying to tell me how to behave? You're the one being mean to me all the time." "Just keep your mouth shut. I'll behave however I want." she told me.

"Are you two seriously fighting again?" Mother surprised us when she suddenly showed up. "Roseanne, stop provoking." Mom said. "Mother! I-" before I could end my sentence Jennie repeated. "Yes, Roseanne, stop it." She winked at me with a smile.

I would be lying if I said that, that wink of hers didn't make me feel some weird type of way, and even though her smile was fake, I felt kind of warm because of it.