Chapter One - Intruder

"Are you sure?" Raven whispered into the phone as he tossed clothes in his bag. "Send me the details. I'm out heading in five. Tell no one." Raven slammed the burner phone shut before stuffing it in his pocket. Glancing at a sleeping Corey in his bed. He couldn't help but feel guilty for not waking him before leaving. They didn't keep secrets, not from family any way, but this was something he needed to do alone. The others wouldn't understand anyways. Hopefully he would be back before anyone noticed he was gone. 

Luke's POV
One Week Later

I have exactly 20 minutes before North and the others get home to hide my candy stash. Running quietly threw the empty house trying to find the perfect place to keep 'my precious' I almost wish kota was here to enjoy my reference. I open the door to Raven's room. It's been awhile since the Toma team merged with us. After all the missions we took on together, they were already family. For us to officially be a team was a no brainer. Most people worried about how smoothly our team would run especially since we are the biggest team in the Academy, but we are also the best. Thinking maybe hiding something in the Professional Russian's room wasn't the best idea I went to close the door before I had even turned on the light. I was getting ready to walk away when I heard a small noise. 

"Hello?" I said pushing the door back open. The large curtains blackout the sun making it impossible to see where in the room the noise came from. There is no way anyone got past the security system without one of us being notified. I must have imagined it. Right? Shaking my head I backed out the room again only to hear something or someone shift around. Now I know I didn't imagine that. I quickly pulled my phone out and sent a text to the team letting them know an intruder was in the house. Finding the light switch I quickly flipped it on. "I know you're in here." I said while my phone vibrated.

North: Pulling up now. Don't do anything stupid. 

Kota: Corner them if you can. 

Mr. Blackburn: Preceded with caution. 

Luke: In Raven's room. 

Putting my phone back in my pocket I pushed further into the room. "Come out, come out wherever you are." I paused to listen for any sounds of movement. The closet door was slightly jarred. Just as I reached for the door knob the door slammed closed. With no windows and no exit from inside the closet I knew they were trapped. Leaning against the door I waited until I heard the sound of feet rushing up the stairs. Kota, North, and Axel entered the room. Axel had a gun raised as I motioned to the closet door. "They are in there."

"You sure?" Axel asked. 

"Yeah, I didn't see them but they closed the door from the inside." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Figured I'd wait for back up." Axel nodded.

Axel turned the knob slowly before tossing the door open and turning on the light. In the far corner I could see peeking out from the clothes hanging were two child like feet. 

"What are you doing in here?" Axel said. His voice was harsh and full of authority. 

"Come on out we won't hurt you." I added before our phones started vibrating. 

Raven: Leave her alone. Don't let her out of the house. on the way. 

We all exchanged looks. 

Raven: Don't approach her. 

Axel: Why is there a girl in your closet?

Mr. Blackburn: Report!

Axel slipped his gun back into its holster before stepping into the walk in closet. Stepping in front of her, he pushed the clothes out of the way. As soon as the clothes moved a small ball of blonde flashes around us and out of the closet, darting between me and North.