Chapter 5 - Sampson

Thank you everyone for reading. I can't believe it's already got over 800 views. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I saw it. I'm tickled pink. The following is unedited.

Axel's POV

Putting Luke and Sang in the same car was a bad idea.

I'm not sure if Luke is just on a sugar rush or he is excited, like the small blonde.  She has reverted back to speaking just Russian. When a very bouncy Luke asks her a question she always touches her thumb to her lip.  

Raven has been speaking for her. Corey's Russian has surprisingly gotten better. Neither will tell us who this mysterious Sampson is. If they are so close then why is she staying with Raven, with us.  I understand his reasoning for hiding her from us but I've yet to believe her being here is a good thing. For her and for us. We tried adding a bird to our team before we joined with the Blackbourne team, it did not end well. We almost lost our team over. We can't let history repeat itself. 

Raven and Corey are in a romantic relationship and they are already head over heals for her. Luke fell in love the moment she started doing back flips and stashing candy. It isn't going to take long for the rest to fall in line and for our family to fall apart. 

"Axel, Turn up here." Corey said from the passenger seat pointing to a small sign almost hidden by the overgrowth.  After driving for two hours they lead us down a country back road until we tuned into a wildlife refuge. 

"Is this place Academy owned?" Luke piped in bringing his head to the left side of the head rest. 

I need out of this car. 

"Da, the group that busted up the circus own this. They know kitten so it is fine." Raven said. Before I even had the chance to fully put the car in park, she bolted from the car running through the large wood fence surrounding the property.  We all piled out as the rest of our family pulled up after us. Raven gathered everyone attention. Nathan grabbed Luke by the collar of his shirt when he tried to follow sang. We all stood around waiting for him to say something. He just stood there with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Mr. Ravenstahl?"

"Just giving her a head start." Raven chuckled giving us a shit eating grin before turning to enter the large fence. "Oh and no touch." 

"I'm really starting to second guess coming." I whispered. Brandon was close enough to hear me and gave me a look. I made sure to be one of the last to enter keeping my space was key. No one spoke as we searched for whatever we are looking for. In the distance we could see some building but first we weaved through the labyrinth of pens. Lamas, ponies, large tortoises, I was even surprised to see a white tailed deer. After a minute we nearer a newer section. The fence was heavier duty then the others. The large yellow caution sign confirmed that something more dangerous was housed here. 

"Sang?" Kota asked bringing all our attention to the small bird walking in the pen. The closer we go to the fence the more we could see how massive the inside was. Large rocks rested in one corner near a small pond dug in the ground, there were high grass hiding whatever animal was now calling this home. Sang ventured to the high grass obviously looking for something. She could easily get lost in it.

"SANG! GET OUT OF THERE!" North yelled. She turned looking at us.

"Is this okay?" Victor asked Raven. He smirked and shrugged. Only Mr. Blackbourne and I noticed Corey holding his phone recording whatever was about to happen. Loud Gasps from my brothers brought my attention back to Sang as a large animal emerged from the grass at a full sprint. 

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

"RUN SANG!"

"FUCK FUCK FUCK!"

Everyone yelled out. Gabe Screamed. North, Silas, and Brandon went for the gate, but Raven blocked it with his body. Marc looked like he was going to pass out. My heart clenched. Owen's stone mask even dropped. She was going to be ripped apart by the large cat. It easily weighed 400 pounds and its paws had to be bigger then her head. Help wouldn't get here before it ripped her apart. I turned my head away when its paw wrapped about her small frame waiting for the screams. Instead I heard her giggles. My jaw dropped as she buried her head in its mane. 

"Guys meet Sampson." Raven laughed doubling over. "Luke you are right pranking is fun." I couldn't help but watch as she pulled herself up on his back. Another older male lion emerged his body littered with scars. Sang didn't miss a beat to greet him also. 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT YOU ABOUT GAVE ME A FUCKING HEART ATTACK!" Silas surprisingly boomed. He wasn't one to go off.

"My heart is beating out my chest." Nathan said. 

North looked like he was going to kill over. 

The rest were left speechless as she rolled around with two lions like they were a bunch of puppies.

"And I'll send everyone a copy of the video." Corey said. " It was pretty funny though. I can't believe you were going to go in there." 

"I thought that lion was going to rip her open!" North gasped clenching his fists to his sides.

"She is probably the only one they wouldn't hurt. When they called me I had to convince her to come out of their trailer before we could sedate the lions." Raven said. "They've got a strong bond."

I guess that explains why she is staying with us. She can't live with lions.