Chapter 7

I'm fine. I'm alive.

-------------------------------------------------------

Axel's POV

Well, this is worse.

Any thoughts I had about the drive up being miserable was an understatement.

This is misery. 

Luke was just watched the seen unfolding in the car.  I honestly couldn't tell if Raven and Sang were fighting or just passionate about whatever they were ranting and raving about. The Russian was talking a mile a minute. Luke just popped M&Ms in his mouth like he was at the movies watching the latest releases. Every once in a while she would argue back tossing her hand in the air while she tried to make her point. I swear she looked like she was about to pounce on him at one point. So much emotion poured out of them.  All i could do was still glances from the rear view mirror. Corey tried to interject in their chat only to receive a death glare. I was helpless to the argument or debate going on in the back seat and helpless to the phone constantly vibrating in my pocket. I just knew it was the group chat. 

Luckily, as we were back to the house Raven and Sang came to an agreement. Both seemingly satisfied with whatever bargain they stuck. Part of me feared she was going to take him away. I know Corey secretly felt the same. It was hard enough losing Kevin. I doubt we will bounce back again if we lost Raven too. Would he take Corey? Does Corey take Brandon? Would I lose my whole team due to this small wild bird? I couldn't stop myself from slamming the door as we entered the house. I wasn't sure I could handle a family meeting right now.

"Axel, where are you going?" Corey said as I walked down the hall to my room. "Sang found a way to keep us all together and hunt the ring leader. Honestly, it sounds more fun than any of our recent assignments." He chuckled at the end almost giddy. 

"They aren't leaving. You aren't leaving." I half-whispered to myself stopping down the hall without even turning to face him. 

"Why would you think that? You think Rav would trust anyone other than us with Sang and her well being." I could hear the smirk in his voice. "If Kayli couldn't split us up you think you could get rid of us that easy." I took a minute to digest what he said. 

"What's the plan?" 

"Wanna start a circus?" Sang said sliding out from behind Corey. "I mean I'm sure Luke and Gabe would pull the clown act off without a hitch but we really can't do this without everyone." She paused when I didn't meet her eyes. "I... I don't want to help those people but we can't let The Ring leader getaway. He will replace me. Some other young girls life is about to get a lot worse if we don't do something to stop it. I doubt they will survive."

"How did you?" I snapped. 

"I had years of practice." Sang dropped her head to the floor but I didn't need to ask about the abuse her parents did. I wasn't sure I wanted details. "We stay together?"

"Yeah," I said walking toward the both of them. The gleam in Corey's eye made me want to slap the back of his head. He knew I wasn't about to let this bird fight the battle on her own. He knew she had won a little part of me over. "So what's the plan?" 

Her face lit up like a lighthouse with the biggest smile I've ever seen. We are in trouble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not re-reading this for fear I won't post it and to keep the story moving. I've rewritten this chapter from almost everyone's point of view and found it lacking.