Chapter 4

I'm not as happy with this chapter as I'd like. Regardless, I'm posting it. Any feedback appreciated.
Unedited!

---------------

Sang's POV.

They had exactly fourteen chairs.

I almost wanted to giggle. Fourteen bathrooms. Fourteen plastic plates, each their favorite color. It was comical with my white paper plate. Another reminder that I didn't belong here. Someone had prepared sandwiches with chips. Each boys seemed slightly different. I didn't dare make eye contact with any of them from Raven's lap, but made a note of where everyone sat.

North was quietly beside Luke, I assume to closely monitor his eating habits. They looked like polar opposite. Norths dark hair, Luke's long blonde hair. He could easily be model. His white button up shirt left little to the imagination. Especially since only the middle two buttons were done. The sleeves wrinkled from being pushed up to his elbows. Gabe on the other hand played with Luke's hair demanding he cut it soon. His bright orange shirt was as loud as his voice. Luke seemed unfazed by gabe's picking and playing. I wonder if anyone in my family ever treated me like this.

Corey and Victor discussed some new computer program they were working on. I couldn't remember the last time I actually got to touch a computer much less a television.

Marc, Nathan, and Brandon ate talking about going to the store for a new pool pump filter and other odds and ends. Another thing as simple as stopping by the store was a foregin concept to me. Marc complained about self checkout. I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

Axel, Dr. Green, and Mr. Blackbourne sat near the head of the table. Add in to the numerous conversations at the table. It was all so natural, comfortable even. Raven said this is his family. Is this how families really were?

North and Silas caught my attention.

"Staring at her won't make her eat." The giant of a man said in Greek. North grunted.

"She is so small. It's not like she could afford to skip meals." North replied in Greek. I guess Raven didn't tell all my secrets. "He has probably been feeding her trash." He hissed.

I couldn't help myself. Before I realized what I was doing I jumped up slamming my hands down on the table. "He has done nothing but help me! I had eggs, bacon and fruit this morning that he brought me. Before a week ago I hadn't had any junk food since I was twelve!" I yelled back in Greek instantly regret it. "I'm sorry. I just... he is just... I'm sorry." I tried to make my voice not crack while I bit back tears. I slumbed back in a very stunned Raven's lap. Hiding my face in my freshly brushed hair. He wrapped his arms around me. I've already messed up again and I've only been up 20 minutes, if that.

Then just when I thought the water works would start. Raven started laughing. The deafening silence broken by his loud chuckles. "I told you she was a kitten, Da! My lioness!" He managed to get out. "We always put South in his place."
I wasn't sure what to say so I didn't but the stress of what I had done was no longer on my shoulders. The unleashed tears never fell and I had a handful of confidence return. Words Raven told me when I was scared echoedin my head. 'You've tamed lions, my lioness, you are stronger then you think.'

"Ms. Sorenson, how many languages do you know?" Mr. Blackbourne asked. I guess we've decided to ignore my outburst. My eyes met his perfect silver ones shielded behind his black framed glasses. I wasn't sure if he was trying to intimidate me but I was positive I didn't like him calling me by my last name.