Chapter 2

Do you guys know adolescents? Is a super good song XD
Better listen to that song before reading this~ 

---

Rin walks back to her backstage room, remembering what Len told her, she sits on the sofa and drinks some water. Then she takes a jacket from her backpack. She walks to the sofa and falls on it.

" Maybe I should sleep for a while... before the rehearsal... " Rin slowly closes her eyes, her vision gets blurry and falls asleep.

—-
Len is now having the Adolescent Night costume on. He thanked the staff member then he leaves his room and walks to Rin's room.

' She should really be careful about what she's talking... ' Len sighs as he realized he's already in front of Rin's room.

*knock knock*

No one is replying. ' I thought Rin went back to her room? ' he thinks as he knocks again.

" Rin? " he calls out but he doesn't get any reply. He sighs and opens the door " I'm coming in... "

He walks into the room and finds no one in the room except for Rin who is sleeping on the sofa. Len walks to the sofa and sits on the floor, next to Rin. He frowns after seeing her pale face with red cheeks. Len touches her hand and finds out how her hands are feeling like ice. Then gently places his hand on her forehead. ' Is warmer than usual... ' Len uses his other hand and touches his own forehead. Seems like Rin is having a little fever.

' Isn't this even worse than earlier? ' Len asks himself as he begins searching around Rin's room. Then he finds a blanket, slowly covers Rin with it.

" Rest more before the rehearsal begins... " he whispers to Rin's ear, then leans his head to the sofa. Watching Rin's sleeping face, slowly closing his eyes and falls asleep.
—-
" Rin-San... Len-San... wake up! " Len hears a soft whisper. He slowly opens his eyes and sees the staff member shaking both him and Rin.

" Len-San! You can't just fall asleep on the floor! You are going to catch a cold! " the staff member acts angry as Len apologizes.

" Rin-San! Wake up! It is time for the rehearsal!" The staff member begins shaking Rin. Len leads his hand and stops the staff member. "Emma, can't we come later and let her sleep for a little longer? " Len asks the girl staff.

" We are already late and everyone is waiting for us on the stage... " Emma sighs as Len laughs helplessly.

" We'll come in 5 minutes, I'll wake her up. I promise~ " Len gives her bright smiles. Ema blushes and nods. " Please do come after 5 minutes! " Len nods as she leaves the room.

" Rin... " Len softly pats her head and trying to wake her up, but she's not showing any sign of waking up.

" Rin... " Len sighs and keeps shaking her, gently. Len is feeling distressed at the moment, for not letting the ill Rin resting more but waking her up to make her rehearsal. If this is just a normal practice, Len will definitely make Rin skip it. Unfortunately, this concert is planned for a year. There's no way canceling on the day of the concert. Although Len wishes to make Rin rest after this concert, this concert is going to continue for a week. There's no way to rest during this time.

You are useless...

" I'm sorry Rin... I'm useless... " Len self-blames as if he remembers something. Len looks at the clock, 2 more minutes.

" Rin... wake up... " Len said once more. This time Rin opens her eyes and staring at Len's face.

" Rin... " Len smiles, " how are you feeling now? ". Rin sits up, " hmmm... " she rubs her eyes. Len stands up and leads his hand to Rin. " Come on, we need to go... "

Len helps her up as Rin holds his hand. Len takes a bottle of water and gives it to Rin. Then he starts holding her hand and drags her to the rehearsal place.

They are both silents during the walk. Until Rin begins talking. " Len... you haven't held my hands for a long time... on your own will... "

" ... "

" I'm happy... "

" em... " Len keeps looking down at the floor as he holds Rin's hand tighter, walking to the rehearsal stage. His face is getting warmer. Until they arrive at the back door of the front stage. He let go of her hand and walks into the stage.

Rin looks at the hand that held by Len just now,

" Can't he just held my hand for a little longer? " Rin asked herself before walking to the stage.
—-
" Ok, let's double confirm orders of songs that we are going have at the concert later. " Master speaks while everyone listens to him carefully. " Firstly, both of you are going to sing Trick or Treat, then you guys are going to go back to backstage and have a quick change... "

The master continues explaining. Len didn't really concentrate on listening, he is looking at his right. What's on his right? Of course, is Rin. He continues on staring Rin. She looks exhausted and looking like she'll fall at any time.

" And lastly ends with 'Adolescent', the curtain will close after the song ends. Then both of you are going to get an interview with those random people and then do handshake with the fans... uh-hmm... Len, are you listening? "

Len shocked after hearing his name, he immediately looks at the master and nods. He sighs as he looks at Rin again. ' This is not normal... normally Rin should be laughing at me at this point... but she DIDN'T! OH MY GOD! SHE MUST BE REALLY SICK NOW! What should I do...? ' Len thought as he clenches his fists and looking down at the floor.

" Alright, since we are done rehearsing other songs yesterday, now both of you rehearsal for 'Adolescent'! Go on stage! ' Master orders as both Len and Rin walks back to the backstage.

" Rin... " Len taps her shoulder, " Are you going to be fine singing that high pitch note at the beginning of the song with a sore throat? " She hesitates for a moment then nods, " yea, I'm going to be fine! " with those words, she runs to the other side of the stage. Len then closes his eyes, clenching his fists, taking a deep breath, then walks on the stage, putting his pose. While Rin opens her mouth and ready to sing the high pitch note.

" Aaa... "

Len secretly stares at Rin singing that note, he bites his lips after seeing the pain on Rin's face during her singing that note.

Len closes his eyes and begins his dance steps. ' I need to make this rehearsal done in 1 try, then Rin doesn't need to sing this again until the concert begins! Then she can at least rest for an hour! ' Len thought as he puts more effort into dancing and singing.

" kore ijou wa ukoganai yo marude kimi no naito! " we both finish the last sentence and put a pose. Every staff claps their hands ( some of them begins to cry ). We both bow and looks at the director.

" Well done Len and Rin! You guys manage to finish this in 1 try! " every staff claps their hands as both Rin and Len bows. " Now you can rest for the next hour! " the master announced as everyone leaves the stage. Some go to

After everyone left, Rin suddenly collapsed on the ground.

" Rin! " Len immediately runs to Rin and bends down next to her. " I- I'm fine... I'm just tired and in need to sit for a second... " she makes a stubborn smile to Len, which makes him more worry.

" I'm sorry Rin... " Len looks down at the floor, feeling blame for his incompetence.

" Why are you apologizing? I should be thanking you for taking care of me all the time! " Rin pats Len's head, " plus, you are never useless to me! "

Len is frozen for a few second until he recognized what Rin said. " You-you heard me? ... I thought you were asleep... "

"... who knows? " Rin grins as she coughs a bit. Len helps her up and holds her hand again.

" Baka... " Len whispers as he begins dragging her back to the backstage room.

"hehe... " Rin giggles.
—-