Chapter 5

" umm... " the blonde-haired girl slightly moves on her bed. She stretches herself and opens her eyes. She sits up and the wet towel on her forehead falls on her laps. She confusedly looks around the room and looks at the clock.

" 2 o'clock? Wait... " she opens the curtains and screams, " OH MY GOD!!!! "

" Rin! What happened?! " Meiko and Miku suddenly rush into the room.

" IS 2 O'CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON! I MISSED THE CONCERT!!!!!! " Rin cries and begins jumping on her bed.

" C-calm down Rin! " Meiko tries to stop Rin but Rin ignores her. " I ... Said... "

" Oh no... Meiko-ne is getting mad... " Miku slightly walked backward as she sees Meiko begins taking a big breath.

" CALM DOWN YOU STUPID! " Meiko shouts. Rin shocks as she stops jumping. She uses her quickest speed to sit on her bed, " I'm sorry Meiko-ne... "

" U-waaa~ As expected Meiko-ne... " Miku smiles helplessly.

---

After Meiko scolding Rin, Miku successfully makes Meiko calm down. Now the three girls are sighing. Rin sits on her bed while Miku and Meiko stand in front of her bed. " let me check your temperature~ " Meiko puts a thermometer into Rin's mouth.

" Phew, no more fever... " Meiko sighs in relief and takes the thermometer away from Rin's mouth. " Do you have sore throat? " Miku asks and Rin shakes her head.

" Where's Kaito-nee? " Rin asks.

" He went out for ice cream. " Miku replies.

" Then... where's Len? " Rin question hesitantly.

" At the concert. " Meiko answered shortly as the room turns into silence.

" Len is at the concert? " Rin asked again

" Yep. "

" Alone? "

" Yep... "

Another silence appears. Rin has her mouth widely opened, looking shocked. " So he's at the concert... but I'm at home? "

" Well, is a long story~ " Meiko sits on Rin's bed and begins explaining how Len is making today's concert into his solo concert.

" Because of me he- " Rin looked down as Meiko pats her head. " Is fine Rin, is not your fault for getting sick. " Rin gives a smile to Meiko.

" Well, if you are not sick anymore, you can join the rehearsal that is going to happen in an hour. " Miku suggests as Rin jumps off from her bed. " YES! I'm going! I can't leave alone again! " She said as she rushes to her closet and picks clothes. She finishes getting change and walks to the front door, wearing her boots.

" Don't force yourself too much, you just get better. " Meiko reminds as Rin nods.

---

" moesakaru yuuji yori akaki, hakai no honoo tokihanatte... "

" Stop for a sec Len! " Master orders as he waves his hands and tells the staff member stop playing the background song ' Mistletoe ~Tamashii no Yadorigi '. Len bends over and breathing quickly.

" Hmmmm rest for a while, you look tired... " Master said as Len stands straight up, " No I'm fine... I can continue... "

The master sighs and gives up on admonishing. He waves his hand again and the background music continues. " saisei no haguruma o mawasu, akaki tori wa ruten no wa o suberu... "

" kizamareta tamashii ... " a voice suddenly joins in. Len looks towards where the voice comes from. Then his eyes meet up with the owner of the voice. " no kioku wa... " Rin is singing while sorrowfully (this song is sad... dammit).

" arasoi tsuzuku... " Len smiles back as he continues singing it.

" keifu ni aragaite! " Rin sings the higher note while Len sings the base notes. Which makes a perfect harmony.
—-
After a while, they both finish singing the song and bows together. Everyone staffs at the stage claps and cheers unison.

" Welcome back Rin! " Master walks to her as she smiles happily. " Sorry for making you all worry! "

Everyone walks to Rin and surrounds her. Talking to her and asking ' how are you?'.

On the other hand, Len walks to the corner and sits on their floor. Drinking his bottle of water. He uses his shirt to dry his sweats and sighs. ' What a tiring day ' he thought. He stares at where Rin is and smiles unconsciously.

" LEN! " Rin suddenly runs and pounces on him. " Sorry for making you worry and doing the solo concert alone today! "

" Ummm... " Len smiles as he pats her head. Rin looked surprised as she looks up at Len, staring straight into his eyes.

" You are weird! " Rin comments. Len confusedly looks at Rin as he releases the hug to her. " W-what do you mean? "

" I don't know... just something doesn't seem the same as usual... hmmmm what's it? " Rin begins asking herself and goes into deep thought. Len looks at her and grins, ' she's back to normal. ' he sighs in relief.

" Well, you two, there are few more songs to practice then you are done with the rehearsal today, come on! " Master announces as both Kagamine stands and walks to the stage.

" Come on! " Rin holds Len's hands and drags him to the stage. This time instead of Rin being the only one holding hands, Len holds back her hands and walks in front of her. Rin looks at Len's back shockingly and smiles,

' Finally holding my hands without blushing, Baka~ '
—-
After a few hours, they finished the rehearsal and begins heading back home. 

At the moment, both Kagamines are in the VIP car. Rin keeps looking out of the window and sees a lot of interesting stuff while Len leans to the window at his left. ' This is the normal Rin... ' he thought as he feels his eyelids getting heavier and heavier.

" Len! Look at this! " Rin snaps him back to reality. He barely opens his eyes and looks toward where Rin is pointing at.

" Look at that cute kitten! " Rin turns her head to Len. Then she sees the super exhausted Len, half-awake, looking like falling asleep at any time.

" Where...? " Len tiredly asks. Rin stares at Len worriedly. " Len, are you ok? You look tired. " Len rubs his eyes and nods. But after that, he yawns then he rubs his eyes again.

" You should probably get some sleep now, during the car ride. " Rin suggests. Len weakly nods and after a minute, he falls asleep.

The entire car ride turns to silence after Len falling asleep. Rin looks outside of the window and admiring the views. But at the same time, she's blaming herself for getting sick and making Len being exhausted.

" Gomen ne Len... demo ashita kara gambaruso... " Rin whispers at Len's ears as she leans over to the window on her right. Staring at Len's face, 

" Arigato. " 
—-