Are you adopted?/ Time for school

The weekend went quickly after that slow moving Saturday. I spent the day unpacking and moving furniture with the boys and I learned that they were all adopted, hence why they all looked completely different had different accents. For the best outcome I think it suitable to read a flashback of the scene.

Saturday afternoon...

We sat around the living room in silence, Niall and Harry napping in parallel armchairs. We had just eaten a scrumptious lunch, better than anything I'd had in a while, prepared by Cathy. Although the gourmet sandwiches were extremely filling I found it impossible to resist seconds. Now we were all processing our food and had run out of things to say. Looking around the room it struck me that none of the boys looked anything alike, except Louis and Liam but only because of their similar hair and skin colours.

I leaned forward in my chair and immediately all eyes were upon me. I didn't know quite what to say, but I just opened my mouth and hoped the right thing came out. " Are you adopted?" I heard myself say. Well, that was more blunt than I expected from such a highly educated soul like myself, but it was obvious they looked nothing alike. The boys looked at each other like, a) it was the most obvious thing in the world, and b) like that wasn't all there was to it; there was something more than just being adopted.

"Uh, yeah," Harry said blankly, but I could tell that wasnt' the half of it. Noticing how uncomfortable the boys looked and all I decided to leave the topic hanging on a loose thread and hopefully they would come out sooner of later with the big secret.

*end flashback*

Sunday on the other hand was a blur of activity; my whole family, now more sober, went to visit the boys and we had another nice lunch prepared by Cathy, she was a marvellous cook.

It was now Monday, and I rolled out of bed groggily to a soft comforting carpet and sighed heavily. Back to school yet again on the half hour boring bus trip: same scenery, same driver, same scratchy seats, but this time not the same people. Form the floor I glanced up at the clock.

CRAP!! It was already 7:30. If I didn't get off the floor soon I was going to miss the bus, and then Mum would go ape and wouldn't;t drive me in because the traffic could be thick as treacle sometimes. I threw on my ROFL-saurus jumper, jeans and aqua converse and slung my worn leather backpack over one shoulder, then slid down the banister dramatically opera singing "Time to go!!" at the top of my lungs so I was sure the neighbours would hear. Sprinting through the kitchen I grabbed some toast and flung the door open wide, leaving it open in my tumultuous wake.

I don't know why but I always felt energetic in the morning, like I had a new sense of optimism ready to face a new day with new challenges ahead. The first would be getting to school on time, let alone at all because no one was answering the door at the boys' place. After about fifty trillion knocks I heard a faint click and the door opened to reveal a half asleep Louis staring at me with only half open eyes.

"Yes, Sam?" he asked without a care in the world and my eyes grew wide.

"LOUIS TOMLINSON THE BUS LEAVES IN FIFTEEN MINUTES GET YOUR LAZY ASS TOGETHER AND GET READY!!!!!!" I screamed melodramatically and watched as Louis suddenly jumped, now woken up, then scrambled from the door leaving it open for me as he bolted up the stairs and slammed the door to his room. I took it upon myself to knock on the others' doors and get them going then leave a note to Cathy and John saying that we had gone to school.

Ten minutes later each of the boys came out wearing their signature styles:

Louis had his classic blue and white striped shirt and red jeans with white TOMS.

Harry wore a purpley-maroon blazer with a white t-shirt, tan pants and red converse.

Liam had on a light plaid long-sleeved shirt and black pants with classic blue converse.

Zayn wore a varsity jacket and I didn't know what was underneath, but he had black pants too and black supras.

Niall sported a printed t-shirt with jeans that were only on halfway up his bum even though he had a belt.

I sighed overdramatically and shook my head at the boys waiting expectantly for me to do something. "You look half presentable," I sighed.  I turned and headed out the door where Ben and Cassie were waiting for us.