Chapter 7 - No More Secrets

You know that feeling when you have to tell someone who you love the most devastating news? Especially when it involves confessing your love to somebody that isn't that person? Well that's how Zoey felt telling Chase about herself and Logan.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that again? I think the phone cutout for a second."

"I said that person is Logan."

"Yup, it's hurts a second time."

"You promised you weren't going to get mad!"

"I'm not mad, but I just want to know why?"

"I don't know, it just kinda happened."

"Like how did it start?"

"It's a long story."

"It's okay, I've got like half an hour to spare."

She then takes a deep breath. "Okay so you know when I came over here you went over there?"

"I painfully remember." He joked.

"And remember when we had that very first video chat we had when I came back to PCA and told each other we loved one another... and then Logan interrupted us?"

"Yeah?!"

"Well, after we made our plans for our first date, he then made me promise that if things didn't work out between you and I, to go on at least one date with him."

"Okay, keep going."

"So after our "Sushi Rox date" he waited the whole 3 hours I was there at the basketball court to make sure I was okay or whatever. So when he asked me about how our date was, I told him the truth and so the following week he took me out to Vaccarros and we had a really good time together surprisingly, plus he even bought me this really nice dress and the most beautiful diamond necklace I've ever seen..."

"Wait a second. He waited three hours for you? Are you sure you're talking about the same Logan?"

"I know right, like I figured he had something up his sleeve. Like this is Logan we're talking about, but I don't know things kinda hit off with each other and I've seen a side of him that I never knew existed."

"Yeah, I'm sure he's got something planned."

"I'm serious, he's really changing. I think I'm keeping him grounded."

"I'll take your word for it, just as long as he doesn't hurt you, which I'm afraid he will."

"I mean we've been together for a while now and he hasn't hurt me yet."

"I'm just making sure he doesn't, because I would hate to see you broken like that."

"Thanks."

"Of course."

"Chase?"

"Yeah."

"I am sorry that I've waited till now to tell you. I guess I've just been so afraid to tell you about it because I was afraid of how you might react." She says as she begins to cry.

"Oh Zoey, it's okay."

"No it's not, you've waited so long for us to be together, and you're probably going to wait even longer because I was feeling so low and vulnerable that I allowed myself to fall in love with somebody else."

"Zoe, listen to me. In a few months we will finally be together again, dating or not. But listen I have to get ready to go so I can make my way to my next class, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Zoey."

"Chase?"