Two

Li Na's POV:

I finally finished moving in and decided to lay down for a moment to relax. The moment I closed my eyes I heard some of the boys screaming while playing a game with the little boy. This place is definitely going to be hard to get some peace and quiet. "That happens a lot. You'll get use to it eventually." Lucas said, smiling gently. "I hope so." I said. He laughed and laid down himself. "If you ever need anything here, you can go to any of us really. We've all been here a long time so we kind of know everything about the place and the town." He said.

I laid on my side and looked at him. "Thank you Lucas. I appreciate that." I said. "No problem." He said. "I've been to a lot of homes. I never stay at one for too long." I admitted. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can stay with us." He said. "I hope so too." I sighed. The both of us fell asleep until we were awoken by a bell ringing. "That's the dinner bell." I heard Lucas say. I sat up slowly and stretched before getting up. "Thank god. I'm starving." I said as I followed him out of the room. A few of the other boys were ahead of us as we followed to the kitchen.

I felt someone touch my shoulder lightly and I turned to see Sicheng. He smiled at me gently. "How was your sleep?" He asked. "It was nice. Thank you for asking." I said. We walked to the kitchen and I saw a big table in the middle of the room and Mrs. Chen waiting to serve food. The other boys had sat down so it was just me and Sicheng now. I felt him tug on my shirt as I wondered where I would sit. All of the boys gestured for me to sit near them and kick one of the other's out of their spot but Sicheng beat them to it. "You can sit beside me." He said.

I gladly accepted and followed him to the two open seats at the end of the table. The other's sighed as I did but cheered up as Mrs. Chen began opening up all of the food. My mouth watered at the sight of all of the food on the table. I had never seen so much food in my life. Though I guess having eight fosters kids probably got Mrs. Chen use to fixing big meals. "I want all of you to be on your best behavior and watch out for Li Na." She said as she gestured for me to speak. "Thank you for having me." I said. She smiled and insisted I get first pick at the food.

I listened and got an plate of food and soon after, the others dug in and we all began to eat dinner together. Everyone kept asking me questions and I did my best to answer them all but I was more focused on eating. "Guys, let her eat." Lucas said. Everyone shut up and ate their food finally. After we were all finished, I offered to help clean up but Li Na refused, saying it was Hendery's night to clean the dishes. He frowned to himself but nodded and let me know it was okay. Everyone went off to their rooms or to the living room as Mrs. Chen went to bed.

I walked into the kitchen and started helping Hendery anyways. "You don't have to do that." He said as he noticed me cleaning up the table. "I want to help." I said. "Well thank you for offering but-" he started to say before I cut him off. "I'm still going to help either way." I said and he gave in. I finished cleaning up the table and started helping with the dishes. I felt someone's eyes on me and turned around to see Sicheng glance over at me along with Lucas. I turned back and kept helping Hendery.

"I really appreciate the help. It really sucks having to clean up." He said. "I completely understand." I said. The amount of times I had to clean up on my own at other homes was plenty to know how much it sucked, especially when there were this many people living in one house. "So tell me, what's everyone like?" I said. "Well I'm Hendery of course, I am the random one of the group..at least that's what everyone always says. Yangyang is the mischevious one. Xiaojun is the shy one. Ten is the sensitive one. Lucas is the funny one. Kun is the protective mom of the group. Sicheng is kind of quiet actually, he keeps more to himself than the other's but he is a really good guy..and Ahn is probably one of the calmest kids I have ever met, he doesn't really run wild." He explained.

"Seems like quiet a family you've got here." I said. "You're a part of that too now. We protect each other and we're always there for each other when no one else is because only we can really understand what it's like." He said. His words hit my heart. "Thank you for being so kind." I said. "It's what I am here for. Wait till you talk to Kun though, he is way overprotective of everyone. We sometimes call him mama Kun." He said, making me laugh. "He looks like a mom." I said. He laughed at my statement as he finished up everything.

"Actually Mrs. Chen can't always help around the house since she is older and she is widowed so Kun is kind of like a mom. He is the oldest so he took charge of everything. He even helped cook this food." He said. I glanced over at Kun and smiled at how nice it was to do something like that, to sacrifice your youth to help other's. "I want to be like him one day." Hendery said. I patted him on the shoulder and sat there for a moment, letting everything I had learned sink in.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

~-winney-