4 | Orphic

ꔻꔹ🌹'ღ'-ꔹꔻꔻꔹ🌹Grayson L. Williams POV

"Hey, come over to my house. Let's discuss about the project."

I looked up to see Scarlett leaning against the wall nonchalantly, her beaming smile brightening up my day once again like a beam of holy light. I couldn't believe she was waiting for me at the gate, I wonder how long she's been here.

Clutching my bag strap tightly, I nodded without an ounce of hesitation and got into a Rolls-Royce after her. The scenery eventually changed from a bustling city to tranquil patches of green. But these generic backgrounds are nothing compared to the belle beside me.

However, the exhibition came to an end when there was a loud uproar and immediately, I was envelope Scarlett's arms... and floating in the air.

The car we were once in was now nothing but a useless piece of scrap metal. Blazing apparition eloped from car, swirling and twirling in a fiery dance as thick gray smoke billowed into the sky. Sparks posed as the day stars, twinkling in the intoxicating environment like it's enjoying the chaos.

Walking through the ruins of the car, was a man, absolutely unaffected by the fumes and glowing embers, with his flowing cape fluttering behind him like Superman.

"We're not here to fight for the Oscars, make it fast Rubert. Time is money," Scarlett's voice sounded strangely melodic with the current situation. It was sweet yet venomous, like honey laced with brewed poison.

"Tsk, my dear sister, can't bear to let me steal the spotlight just for a moment. So who's that cutie in your embrace, your new lover?" As the unwelcomed visitor spoke his last sentence, Scarlett's grasp on me tightened and she pulled me closer, eyes glinting dangerously with her grin still plastered on her face.

No response came and the question lingered in the air.

The outsider - identified as Rubert - frowned slightly before snapping his fingers and an army of skeletons emerged from the grassland, turning it into a nauseating land of death. The smell of rotting corpse lingered in the atmosphere, invaded my nostrils caused me to start coughing.

"Are you afraid?" Holding my chin up and forcing me to stare into her blue orbs, she whispered for me to hear. I shook my head before leaning in for a smooch. "Not if you're here." She froze for a second before giving me a kiss steeped with passion. It was a promise of realness, and it was more comforting than any words can be. Our heartbeats were in sync and this time, I was fully conscious.

I can't return to the way things were, but with you here, everything will be fine.

ꔻꔹ🌹'ღ'-ꔹꔻꔻꔹ🌹'ღ'-ꔹꔻ Scarlett R. Hyde

Placing Grayson within a protective bubble, I directed my attention towards the fool dancing in front of me. We're in the human realm and this idiot summoned an army, was he trying to send the human race into panic? Sighing deeply, I couldn't believe that we actually shared the same blood - even if it's just half. Luckily, I had a premonition a casted a dimension barrier before the explosion.

What a waste of space... and time, I thought. A crimson scythe which looked like it bathed in a pool of blood appeared in my hand. If observed meticulously, one could see a black ominous aura radiating from the scythe like as if there was a soul trapped in it. Truth was, there is. Not one but thousands. All the wretched souls I killed - were trapped in here - magnifying the bloodthirsty scythe's potential.

"I was planning to let you off, but since this is what you want, I shall generously fulfil it," the scythe shook in my hands like a dog excited for its treats as I charged forward in the air, resembling a hawk diving for its mice.

Ignoring the whole army of pawns, I went for the king. A troop without its leader is nothing but a mess.

Of course, the coward put a protective charm on himself. Maintaining my smirk, I continuously swung my scythe down onto his barrier like a war machine, destroying layers after layers. The longer it got, the faster I went. Perspiration trickled down his face as he casted blockage one after another, mana decreasing gradually. Eventually, he retrieved his useless mindless army of bones and focused on saving his own ass.

Like hell I would let him escape.

"Since I'm gonna die anyways, I might as well drag you along! This way, none of us will achieve anything, hahah-" Before he could even go through with his plan, I slit his throat. Precise and heedless, splendidly beautiful.

Really though, all villains die from talking too much.

Watching Rubert's oozing red liquid as clear as rubies drenched the ground, its deadly shades of red taking on a brownish hue, a grin of a Cheshire Cat made its way onto my face. It's been a while since I last saw this breathtaking panorama.

As he took his last breath, a black glowing sphere flew out of his body and entered the scythe unanimously. Turning on my heels, I walked towards Grayson. Noticing the way he looked at me, I knew what he saw. A grim reaper, coming for his pitiful soul.

My smile faltered.

"Scared now?" I asked as I wiped Rubert's blood of my cheek and licked it seductively, eyes never missing a single change in his expression.

He looked up at me like a lost child before he made his way towards me, pulling me into a hug like a frightened cub.

"Scared of losing my muse," he replied and worked his way to my soft and tender lips.

We kissed and the world faded. It was slow and soft, yet demanding and needy in a sense that was reassuring. I loved it. The way he melts into my arms. The way our lips fit like puzzle pieces. And how he looked at me at me after we broke away...

"Let's go."