Chapter 2

A knock was heard on the screen door, Rainbow jumped up from the couch in fright. Then realising who was at the door, he sharply went to the door in a brisk walk, but hesitated before letting out a huff and opening the door.

He beckoned the two inside and quickly locked the door. "When did you get a lock?" The girl asked, Rainbow turned to the Indian girl "A month ago" Rainbow replied nervously. "W-Would you like something to drink?" He asked, heading toward the kitchen.

"Yes please!" The girl said. The man shook his head "I'm all good" he informed. Rainbow nodded and opened the fridge and grabbed a juice box, for the girl. "Where's the other gems?" The man asked curiously, Rainbow stiffened, gripping the juice box tightly. A quiet sob escaped his lips and he quickly covered his mouth with his hand, hoping they didn't hear. "Rainbow? You okay?" The girl asked quietly.

Rainbow didn't say anything, tears leaked from both pairs of eyes, he clenched his teeth hoping to quiet the silent sobs that wracked his body. His body shook slightly, he wiped the tears away and huffed "yes... yes I'm fine" he finally replied quietly. He turned around to face them, seeing that they were comfortably sitting on the couch watching him anxiously. Rainbow walked over and handed the girl the, slightly crushed, juice box. "Here you go Connie" Rainbow then sat down on one side of the couch.

"So..." Connie started, awkwardly "you wanted to tell us...?" She asked, trailing off. Rainbow nodded then glanced at the two, who were waiting patiently for him to reply. He took a deep shaky breath and exhaled slowly. "Connie... Greg" His sky blue eyes flicked to each person in turn. "What I'm about to tell you..." he trailed for a moment, finding the right words "What... happened out there... It's not pretty" he informed.

"It's not happy"

"It's a nightmare"