Chapter 4

Rainbow woke up, his body aching. The last thing he remembered was Yellow crushing him with her foot, luckily he was able to block most of the damage and be knocked out instead of dead. He looked around at his surroundings, he was on Yellow Diamonds ship in one of the holding cells. But this cell had sturdy iron bars facing the hallway and walls on the other three sides. There was a Yellowish green tint to the ship.

Rainbow stood up and leaned against the wall, he was weak and breathless. He stumbled over to the iron bars, but as soon as he touched them, an electric shock sparked threw his body and he quickly pulled away. He inhaled sharply, he decided to just lean against the wall close to the bars, but not close enough to shock him.

He looked out of the cell to see if there was anyone else around in the hallway or the other cells. He could see gemstones behind the yellow electric field of the other cages. On his left in the cell across from him lay Ruby's gem, on the right was Sapphire's gem, and in the middle.

Rainbow gasped, his sky blue eyes widening, in the middle cell across from him was Bismuth's gem shards, floating in a yellow bubble. He closed both sets of eyes tightly and sunk to the cell floor, quiet sobs echoed throughout the empty hallway. The shards were there to mock him, on how he couldn't save her. Who knows how long they would be in here for, and everyday that he was here, he would see the shards across from him.

Tears leaked down from all four eyes, both brown and blue. He curled up in a small ball in the corner, clutching his knees to his chest. He stared at the wall, eyes unfocused, and hands shaking with fear for what might come next.

~Three Days Later~

Rainbow paced his cell, none of the Crystal Gems had reformed yet and Rainbow was starting to feel lonely and scared. No one had come through the hallway either, so he hasn't had any contact with any other gems for three days. Suddenly there was a thunk and a yelp, Rainbow spun around in fear. Heart pounding in his chest, he quietly moved to the edge of his cell close to the bars. He looked at each of the cells across from him, and his eyes landed on a familiar red gem.

"Ruby!" He exclaimed happily, his voice hoarse from not talking to anyone for three days, and lack of water. Ruby looked over at him, her form glitched and she groaned in annoyance. "What do you want?" She growled lowly, glaring at the fusion. Rainbow took a small step back "I-Is your gem cracked?" He quietly asked.

Ruby shifted uncomfortably under his stare "What's it to you?" She asked, Rainbow face palmed "It's me, Steven and Pearl! We fused" he told her with a bit of a frustrated tone edging his voice. "What!? You two fused!?" She exclaimed, jumping up, but immediately regretted it when her form glitched again. She sat back down "Your right" she sighed while looking at her gem on her palm "It's cracked" she looked up at the fusion "were are we? And where is Sapphire?" She asked. Rainbow sat down as well and replied "I think we are on Yellow's ship, and Sapphire hasn't reformed yet. As far as I can tell, she's fine." He then glanced over at Sapphire's cell and sighed "so far, we have been on this ship for at least three days" he informed, combing his hair with his fingers nervously.

"If we are going to Homeworld..." he spoke "We should arrive today or tomorrow" he finished. His eyes trailed and landed on Bismuth's shards, across from him. He gulped "And... and there's one more thing..." he trailed, his eyes tearing up again. Ruby looked at him, worry flashing in her eyes. "Bismuth..." his voice died in his throat.

"Bismuth was shattered"