~Chapter 9~

"Izuka, honey, who is this boy you were talking to?" Hizashi asked his daughter darkly, a sinister smile painted on his face. She shuddered in fear. Todoroki looked at Hizashi, then Aizawa.

"Your daughter had saved me from being beat up by a bunch of kids when we were younger. I wanted to thank her." Todoroki explained to the couple. Aizawa's eye twitched when Todoroki mentioned him being saved by her. He scoffed as he began to speak.

"I'd rather not have my little girl hanging around a guy who can't even fight."

"She saved me when I was a helpless 5 year old." Todoroki stated truthfully. He averted his gaze to look at Aizawa.

"I can protect her whenever the time comes. I will save her time and time again. I won't let anybody hurt her." Todoroki growled lowly. He looked at Izuka, who was awkwardly fumbling with her fingers while being smothered in hugs by Hizashi. Izuka's eyes widened at Todoroki's words.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I won't let anybody hurt you." Touya stated blankly. He smiled dorkily at her while caressing her cheek. Izuka smiled back at him. As if on cue, a group of bullies walked to them. They completely ignored Touya and kept their gaze on Izuka.

"So, Deaf Girl, what are those things in your ears, can I see them for a second?" The main bully asked. Despite their rude attitude, Izuka smiled. She was happy they were interested about her. Izuka nodded her head and slowly took out her hearing aids. She handed them to the bully and he smiled sadistically.

'Woah is that earwax, gross!" He exclaimed while throwing the hearing aid in a nearby fountain. Touya  scrambled to catch it, but was too late. The main bully smiled as he saw the other hearing aid in her other ear.

"That one too!" He said before yanking the hearing aid out of her ear mercilessly. Izuka's eyes widened as she felt immense pain and throbbing in her ear. She groaned in pain as she felt a liquid run down her arm.

"Woah Rin! She's bleeding!"

"You went too far, man!"

"You didn't have to do that, teasing her was enough!"

Blurry voices exclaimed. Izuka could barely hear their voices. She couldn't what was going on. Although being deaf, she feared silence. She shivered in fear as tears pricked the corners of her eyes. She relied on her sight to show her what was happening. Everyone looked like they were yelling at the boy who had just made her bleed. Touya seemed as if he were snapping at all of them. The bullies cowered in fear as Touya showed off his quirk. They all ran away as Touya shouted at them. Afterwards, Touya immediately rushed over to Izuka in a panicked manner.

"Are...alright?" Was all Izuka could make out. She was frustrated on not hearing properly. She knew what he was saying though.

'I am alright. I just can't hear you as much' Izuka signed. Touya nodded as he bit his lip. She knew Touya knew sign language, he just thought he wasn't as fluent. Touya picked Izuka up bridal style and carried her back to the house. It was odd to see a 10 year old boy carrying a 6 year old girl. The two didn't mind though. 

"I told you I would always protect you." This time, Izuka could hear Touya's full sentence.

________________________________________________________________________________

Izuka sat on the swing as she watched Todoroki's and her parents' conversation. She felt left out but decided to not complain. After their conversation, Todoroki waved her goodbye as Izuka did the same. The family of three walked back to their cozy apartment. Izuka frowned as she could still smell Touya's scent around the house. She had to figure out the disappearance of her friend. And she had to do so quick.