~Chapter 13~

"A Small Encounter"

~two days later~

Izuka stared at her phone screen, her thumb hovering over the send button. She didn't know why she was so worked up over a single text. Izuka sent the text and let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Todoroki-
Good morning

You-
Morning Todoroki-kun :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Izuka stared at the phone screen intensely, anxious for his response. She gulped and she held her phone tightly. Her eyebrows furrowed as she realized how ridiculous she was acting. This boy is a friend of hers, why is she making a big deal out of it? Izuka sighed in defeat. She knew she was just being over dramatic. The greenette set the phone down beside her and closed her eyes. In two days, her Uncle Toshinori will be babysitting her. She hasn't seen him in a while, considering he is the Symbol Of Peace.

Her emerald spotted a can of Dr. Pepper sitting on the kitchen table. Her mouth suddenly dried when she saw the sweet and savory drink. A soft sigh of annoyance escaped her lips as she moved from her comfortable spot on the couch.

She hurriedly grabbed the soda and popped it open. As she was sipping it, the greenette heard her notifications go off. She jumped, her eyes wide with surprise. She hurried back to her spot on the couch, soda still in hand. Izuka grabbed her phone and looked at the latest message.
_______________________
Todoroki-
I was wondering if you'd like to got to the park with me. We could have a picnic. If you come, I can bring the food, but can you please bring the refreshments?
_______________________

Izuka practically squealed when read the message. Her lips curved upwards in a happy smile and she headed towards her room. Izuka changed into a fluffy hoodie and warm winter boots. She quietly complimented herself and went out the door. She didn't tell her parents that she was venturing outside of the house though.

The greenette clutched the money in her hand, today was colder than she had expected it to be. Each time she breathed out, an icy white puff could formed. Her emerald eyes scanned for a small shop that her papa used to take her to. Izuka's plump lips curved into a smile as she remembered those special times.

________________________

"Would you like a piggyback ride, my princess?" Hizashi signed. Izuka nodded in anticipation as she climbed onto her father's back and wrapped her legs around his shoulders. The young girl let out a raspy chuckle and pointed to a candy shop. Hizashi smiled and headed towards the small building.

________________________

Izuka walked into the nostalgic candy shop, taking in the fresh smell of mint that loomed around the small market. The greenette smiled as she eyed freshly squeezed lemonade. She grabbed two big pitchers of the lemonade and walked towards the cash register.

Izuka made her way to the cash register until a thought crossed her mind.
'Wait, I can't communicate with the person managing the register! I'll just annoy him if I use my notebook! And they probably don't know sign either!'

Izuka mentally freaked out, stress evident on her face. As she neared the register, her anxiety shot through the roof. The greenest gulped and feared the worst.

The cashier smiled at Izuka and tried to manage some small talk. Izuka just nodded and averted her gaze. The cashier seemed offended, but Izuka couldn't help it.

"That'll be $4.99, ma'am." The cashier said while handing the greenette her lemonade. Izuka nodded and reached into her pockets for the money. She pull out $3.00 and smiled at the cashier awkwardly.

The cashier scoffed and glared at the freckled girl. "If you don't have the money, get out" The cashier uttered darkly, which sent shivers down the greenette's spine. Just as Izuka was about to give in, a stranger in a black hoodie stepped in. The hood made his facial features unrecognizable and his disheveled blue hair covered his eyes.

"I can pay for her" The man said aloud. Despite his eyes being covered, Izuka could feel his menacing glare. The blue haired man pulled out $4.00 and handed Izuka the lemonade.
Izuka bowed her head in thanks and left the store.

'That man was so kind.'

'I wonder if I'll ever see him again.'

(A/N)
Okay, Okay, Okay. I know its been a while since I've updated. I guess I've just been lazy. I'm trying g to be more productive and make my lazy ass actually do something. I've been very unsuccessful so far. I just wanna say, I'm sorry.