Two

ALLISON stood in her bedroom, staring out of the window.She sipped at her coffee,watching Brandon and Josh carry luggage into the house.Her brunette hair drifted slightly in the breeze as someone entered the room.

"Hello?"she called,spinning around to see who had entered the room.In the doorway stood Jamie,her dark brown hair reaching her shoulders.

"Oh hi.I'm Allison!" Setting the cup of coffee onto the cabinet,she ambled to the little girl.

"H-hi.I'm Jamie,"the little girl stepped away from the tall,slender woman.

"Are you scared?"Allison asked, sitting on her white bed.Jamie hesitated for a moment before nodding.

"Aww it's okay.I'm one of Mary's friends,"the nineteen-year-old woman giggled,pointing to a picture of Mary and herself posing for a school picture.Engraved in the picture frame was Best Friends in gold.

Smiling weakly,Jamie entered the bedroom.Allison grinned and opened a drawer,taking out a large book with Mary & Allison on the front cover.

"This book has loads of pictures of Mary and I!"she said,opening the first page to three young women.Two were easily recognisable but the third looked like Jamie,just older.

"Who's the lady in the photo?Next to you and Auntie Mary?"Jamie asked. Allison bit her lip and stayed silent.

"Is it my mommy?" The little girl's eyes widened.Sighing,the older woman nodded solemnly.
*-*-*-*

Mike lay on the bed,asleep and only wearing his shirt.Mary watched Jamie and Allison talk underneath a tree. Both were wrapped up in winter clothes.

Smiling,the watching woman looked away,wiping a tear from her eye.She took a deep breath before looking at herself in the mirror.

Not wearing her bright red knee-length dress,Mary titled her head.This was the first time since she had adopted Jamie had she and Mike had some alone time.

Someone knocked on the door to the bedroom.Grumbling,she opened the door to see Josh,his fluffy dark brown hair every which way.

"Is Mikey in there?"he asked.Mary nodded,stepping aside so her acquaintance could enter.He smirked and shook his head,telling her that he isn't into that.

"Josh!"Mary blushed,her cheeks tinted crimson.He grinned before making his way back downstairs.

Bored,Mary slid in a pair of bell -bottom jeans.She stepped outside of the room,closing the wooden door behind her.

Jennifer and Brandon's voice could easily be heard from the living room downstairs.The brown-haired woman strolled down the stairs.

The sight was dazzling.All of the living room was bathed in a pale battleship blue light.Jennifer's honey-coloured hair was the only thing that really stood out against the drab backdrop.