Six

Brandon carried the bag filled with beer bottles.He climbed into the front seat and began to drive down the road.

  Snow landed on the ground in front of him.Silence.The gentle rumble of the engine.

  Sighing,his mind wandered to Jennifer.Her smile.Her eyes.The way she never complained.

  The boy's thoughts were interrupted by the wail of police sirens behind him.Behind him was a truck,the owner inside.

  Weird,Brandon thought,noticing the eccentricities of the man's dress.He wore military garb,a sword on his belt,secured by a hilt.

  Suddenly the truck rammed into his car.He screamed in terror as he swerved off of the road,landing in a small ditch.

The driver kept driving.

*-*-*-*

  Mike held Jamie close to him as he walked towards his car.He ushered the little girl inside of the vehicle before climbing into the front seat himself.

  Allison and Jennifer huddled together.Only their breathing interrupted the silence.

  On the ground,Mary bled out.Dead. Colour drained from her eyes.Outside in the garden,Josh's corpse gradually became covered with the snow.

  Both girls gradually crept towards the garage,where Josh's car waited.A moment of silence.

  "Jennifer?"Allison whispered, pointing to the garage door.It was lifting!

  Wood lifted up by metal,sparks flying from it as if forcibly moved.Outside, the darkness of night glared in.Jennifer rushed into the kitchen, picking up a knife.

  Following suit,Allison tripped over. She quickly sprinted to her friend, crying about hearing noises.Someone walked in.