Chapter 7

No One's POV

The McAlister house was silent, it wasn't until about nine-thirty when one of the five inhabitants of the house finally awoke. Norrie Calvert-Hill woke to the still unfamiliar bedroom that once belonged to Angie McAlister.

Norrie got up, got dressed, and began wandering around the house. From what she'd heard, the McAlisters were this picture-perfect family; stay-at-home mother, loving father, three great kids, (though she'd also heard that Angie was quite the problem child) There had to be something more to this story, some dirt to tarnish this clean image.

So far she'd found nothing. Just framed family portraits, a few science awards, report cards, not one thing incriminating.

Growing bored of her mission Norrie made her way to Joe's bedroom, might as well mess with him a bit. She meandered around the room looking for just the right thing. She spotted something perfect for the job, a gas mask. A mischievous grin forms on her face as she slipped the mask over her face and loomed over the sleeping teen.

________________________________________________________________________________

Joe's POV

A voice whispered, "Joe." I shrugged it off, "Joe. Joe!" My eyes snapped open to find two large glass eyes staring back at me.

"Jesus!" the mask came off, "What the hell, Norrie?"

"I want you to come with me to the dome so we can figure all this out. See how we're really connected to it."

"Just because Dodie's gadget thing beeped at us doesn't mean-"

"Listen," She cut me off, "something happened when we both touched it. It was like we had powers or something. Don't you think that's amazing?"

"Not exactly the word I would use for it."

"Well, you should." She walked toward the door, "Let's go see if we can talk to it or something. See what the dome wants, and convince it to go away."

"Can I put my pants on first?" I asked grappling to get the damn things on as she turned away. I covered up again when she turned back.

"Can I watch?" she smirked. I paused, considering the situation. "Kidding." After I got dressed, I met back up with Norrie outside the door. I started walking down the hall a bit, "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna go wake up Reegan. She should come with us, right?"

She shook her head, "Not this time."

"But-"

"Trust me she wouldn't want to be involved with what I'm planning." Her eyebrows shifted suggestively 

"What're you-"

"Don't ask questions, Joe." She took my hand, leading me through the house and to the dome wall. We tried talking to it for a few minutes until Norrie got frustrated. "This isn't working."

"We just started-"

"We need to try something different. Something.." She trailed off, looking to me. Next thing I know she'd pushed me up against the wall, her lips attached to mine. So this is why she didn't want to wake Reegan.

________________________________________________________________________________

Reegan's POV

I woke up, staring at the ceiling for a bit. Something felt off, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I turned on my side and saw that the red numbers of my alarm clock read "10:00 am". That's it! Joe usually wakes me up at seven. I wondered what's different about today.