Febuary 14th

Alice tried not to let it bother her, she tried to just act as if everything was fine and the fact that Niall hadn't talked to her all day wasn't making her feel uneasy. She let out a frustrated groan as she looked at her phone for the fifth time in the last ten minutes and was still met with nothing. She placed her chin in her palm as she leaned onto her desk trying to get her brain to focus on the work she needed to get done but she just couldn't be bothered to think about anything other than what Niall was doing that was keeping him from talking to her.

"So what are you and that Irish dude doing tonight?" Her thoughts were interrupted by Vivian's voice as she leaned against the doorframe of her office. Vivian and Alice met while interning and Alice knew they were going to be best friends when they both complained about the lack of free snacks in the break room. "You gonna finally tell him you love him and then have hot rough Valentine's Day sex?" Alice just rolled her eyes as Vivian wiggled her eyebrows while stepping into the small office.

"He's in New York for the week." She explained as she glanced at her phone when she saw the screen light up only to frown when she saw it was just an Instagram notification. Vivian just took a seat in one of the empty chairs in front of the desk with a huff as she looked at the worry lines appearing on Alice's face as she looked at her phone.

"So like Skype sex then?" She watched Alice shoot her a glare as a small smile worked its way onto her face. "I mean i hear it's amazing, take a screenshot of his package for me I kind of have a bet going about how big he is." Alice couldn't help but laugh as Vivian just shrugged and began picking at the polish on her nails.

"Sadly we kind of can't have sex at all since he doesn't even know how I feel about him and then there is the whole issue of us not talking." Alice looked down at her keyboard to avoid seeing the look she knew Vivian was giving her. She knew the look very well by now, her eyebrows would be raised and her mouth would be hung open while her eyes would be wide out of shock.

"What the fuck? Alice what do you mean you aren't talking?" Her tone was harsh as she stood up from the chair so she could glare at her friend. Alice just let out a sigh as she turned her head so she was looking up at Vivian as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"He just hasn't texted me today, he's kind of a busy dude though Viv so it's not a big deal." She hated making excuses for Niall, she found herself doing it a lot lately and it was beginning to annoy not only her but everyone around her as well. Vivian rolled her eyes as she listened to Alice's lame excuse as to why her supposed best friend wasn't talking to her.

"You know what? Fuck this." Alice raised an eyebrow as Vivian reached over and took her phone off her desk. "We are getting drunk tonight, Niall Horan isn't the only busy person and when he sees all the fun party snaps we are going to send him he's gonna blow your phone up so fast he'll be the one admitting his feelings for you." Alice just laughed and nodded her head as Vivian tucked her phone into the pocket of her slacks.

"Pick me up at 7?" She asked as Vivian turned and headed for the door of Alice's office.

"Sounds good, you better have flowers for me. I'm a classy bitch and I deserve flowers." Vivian stated over her shoulder making Alice laugh as she watched her turn and head back to her own office with Alice's phone still in her pocket. "And no you're not getting this back until the end of work today." Alice shot her the bird when she poked her head back into the office making her just laugh and stick her tongue out at Alice before finally going back to her office.

By the time Alice got home from work she had almost forgotten all about the fact Niall hadn't texted or called but she was soon reminded when she entered her kitchen and saw the flowers on her counter. He had sent them to her the day he left, letting her know he would miss her while he was in New York. She slid her phone out of her back pocket, unlocking it quickly and scrolling through her texts till she found Vivian's name so she could double check the time and plans for the evening.