1 ✧ Welcome to Forks

We had left the airport and had been driving for over 4 hours now. I was riding shotgun sandwiched between the door and Leo's nike duffel bag.

"Leo your bags so heavy, what did you bring in here?!" He laughed and rolled his eyes, looking ahead at long road through the forest.

"I picked up the bag from the hospital," He explained and putting one hand over his bag."Some medicine."

"Oh theres a lot of it." I said, I knew he had to take medication but like I said there was a lot. He's been on medication since he was 16.

As soon as we sped past the forks welcome sign it started raining heavily. Leo's red mercedes raced round a bend and quickly reversed into a wide driveway near the end of the road. He had always driven recklessly but as I thought about it I did too.

I peered out the foggy windscreen. Jesus, how could he see through it. I saw a few trees across the road, then a sign "Calawah river Forest".

Leo got out the car and took his massive medicine bag. Eww I looked at my leggings, there was a big stain on one leg. Seriously?

"Brookee, are you coming out the car? Take some bags in."

"Yeah, I'm coming!"I shouted loudly.

I got out the sports car and stretched in the light rain. Damn even England wasn't this rainy. On my side of the street opposite the forest there were about seven houses. Ours had been painted white and the roof was reddish. At the end of the road there was a roundabout and even more trees surrounded that, then it lead on the the main road.

I walked round to the boot of the car. Oh, Leo had taken most of the luggage inside, there was only my yellow suitcase and a box of cutlery left. I pulled the suitcase out and picked up the box then tried to wheel it inside.

"Leo!"I yelled as I tried to pull the heavy case up the porch stairs."Can you help me take these in?"

Leo appeared next to the front door. "Jesus, Brooke!"He snickered, and picked up my battered suitcase of the second stair effortlessly.

I followed him into the house. The corridor was surprisingly bigger than the house looked from outside. I struggled to push my wet trainers off my feet, and nearly dropped the cardboard box. I left my shoes on a metal rack next to Leo's and curiously looked around the house I'd be living in.

In most rooms they all had wooden floorboards except the bathrooms which had white tiles. The walls in all the rooms were white and Leo had already hung up some paintings and pictures of our parents. Our mum and dad died in a car crash, seven years ago now.

I set the box down on the kitchen counter. The kitchen was in the left corner of the room by the side door, there was a glass dining table and a leather couch opposite the TV. Leo was decorating the room with random ornaments.

I went back out in the corridor passing the downstairs toilet and grabbed the handle of my yellow suitcase. I took my black backpack off the bottom stair and ran up them dragging the bags behind me.

We both had an en suite. Mine had a view of the "Calawah river" forest, basically just the tarmac road and I couldn't see past the first few trees of the forest. The sky was dark now and I could see the moon and stars.

My room consisted of a dresser, double bed, wardrobe, desk and loads of boxes that I probably wouldn't finish unpacking today.

"Brooke, dinners ready get down stairs! It's pasta." I had unpacked five boxes and had two more to go. My room looked almost finished, I just hadn't hung my clothes up in my wardrobe.

I grabbed my phone out of my hoodies pocket and clicked stop on my phone screen, stopping my playlist. Falling Down was playing by Lil Peep and Xxxtentacion.

At dinner Leo told me that he'd be leaving early tomorrow at 7:00 for work, he didn't eat anything like usual, he probably ends up snacking at 2am or something. I had school at 8:20.

Oh I forgot to say, he's a cop, he worked with the police in England as well. He was getting a lift to the police station from the chief, Charlie Swan, he'd be getting his police car then. Apparently Charlies daughter Bella is starting school tomorrow as well. I might see her, I don't know. She's in the year below me so I'm not too sure. The school is supposed to be really small though. I mean it is a small town. I think that's probably a good thing because Leo doesn't know anyone here.

I didn't actually mind moving, I was used to whatever life threw at me by now. I just hoped that maybe i'd actually find someone, here? At school? I don't know really.

I set my alarm for 7:50 and lay on my bed looking through my window eventually falling asleep..