3 ✧ Blood singer

By lunch I had made a few friends, they were from my classes. I didn't really want to be the centre of attention being new, so I only really spoke to some people.

I was sitting on a round table in the canteen with my tray in front of me. I had made friends with Morgan, Wes and Nora, who had her boyfriend sitting next to her, Reese. Morgan had tanned skin and dark hair, Wes had dark skin and brown eyes, Nora had dark blonde hair and Reese had medium brown.

"So, Brooke how's your first day?" Morgan asked while taking some of Wes's chips.

"Yeah, it's fine." I replied then took a bite of my pizza. I could see Bella sitting in the middle of the canteen.

"So why'd your parents choose to come to Forks? I mean it's in the middle of nowhere." Reese said. God, he just had to ask. I had it coming anyway.

"Oh- they died a few years ago... I'm living with my- brother." I said, while Nora accidentally scrapped her fork loudly on her plate.

"Oh sorry." Nora said apologetically. I ran my fingers through my hair slowly.

"I don't really know why we moved here, Leo doesn't even know anybody here." I said trying to lighten the mood.

As soon as I had said those words the back door of the canteen opened. My mouth nearly dropped open as I saw a group of fucking perfect people walk in. Its weird, me saying perfect, but it was true, they were almost inhuman. They had no spots, clear, pale skin, amazing, luscious hair, deep golden eyes...

My friends on my table all seemed to notice my shocked face.

Wes grinned at me. "They are the Cullens. Moved here about 2 years ago, from Alaska, they're all adopted by this doctor, Carlisle and his wife. I heard he's real looker and young, in his early twenties. He works at the local hospital. The whole family keep to themselves, a bit fishy to me. Emmett and Rosalie are in our classes, the others are a year younger."

Nora stared at them for a bit. "Ok Brooke, you see the girl with short hair, that's Alice and the guy with curls, is Jasper..." She then looked at me for a long period of time.

"What about them?" What did she mean? She rolled her eyes.

"They're together, like in a relationship and they live together as well! Isn't that a bit weird?" I just nodded waiting for her to continue. "Then there is Edward. My god, he's so fucking dreamy but he's been here for 2 years and he's had zero girlfriends. He's like not interested in anyone!" Reese shifted in his seat uncomfortably. I looked over at their table again and saw Edward glaring intensely ahead, then followed his gaze. Bella, I guess he really liked her or hated her.

She continued placing her phone face down on the table "Next, Emmett, he's also really fit but his ex-"

Holy fucking shit.

I was completely speechless. I just had one look at the girl sitting on the end of their table next to Emmett and I couldn't stop looking at her. She was so stunning.

"Rosalie, she's like-"

Rosalie. Even her name was fucking beautiful. Even though she was on the other side of the canteen, I literally became so nervous. I was completely frozen in my seat, I couldn't take my eyes of her.

She had long, light, blonde hair, deep, golden eyes and-

"Brooke are you ok?!" Morgan shook me by my shoulders, nearly giving be whiplash.

"Huh, yeah! Ok?" I said looking at her like she was the one who had just zoned out.

"You didn't hear a thing did you?" Nora said laughing a little. "So, as I was saying, Emmett probably isn't over Rosalie and likewise for her. They were together before they moved to Forks as well. And I know Rosalie is like drop dead gorgeous but she is such a bitch. She'll rip you to pieces if you even look at Emmett for too long. Like the other day I tried talking to her about him and-"

"I don't think Brooke's crushing on Emmett, Nora." Morgan butted in, smirking at me causing me to blush thinking of Rosalie, what she said was probably true. Nora had said that they'd been together for over 2 years. As much as I hated it they probably weren't over each other, feelings like that don't really go away, especially if you were with someone for that long.

After my last lesson was over I rushed out of class to my locker when the bell rang. I dumped the rest of my textbooks and folders in there and zipped up my backpack. I wanted to get home quickly as the rain had started pouring really heavily when lunch had ended.

Ever since I had seen Rosalie in that canteen I couldn't get her out of my mind, I didn't know why. Maybe she was just really pretty or she reminded me of someone. I don't know. Something just drew me to her. Emmett was in some of my classes he actually tried talking to me but for some reason I had wished that Rosalie was in there instead. In each lesson I was listening out for her name in the registers.

"Hey Brooke!!" Morgan shouted behind me as she jumped on my shoulders, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Hi Morgan!" I said shutting my locker with a slam.

I was talking to Morgan as I walked beside her down the crowded hall. We turned the corner to get out the fire door when I saw her.

My head was literally screaming and my body became so tense. Rosalie was walking down the corridor towards us with Alice by her side. Her long blonde hair fell down in light curls and her eyes were golden.

Morgan's words were blocked out by me panicking. Why did Rosalie have to be there? She made me feel so uncomfortable, soon I would almost hate her for it. Arghhhh!

I heard random parts of what Morgan was telling me as I tried to calm myself down. Morgan hadn't noticed my small panic attack.

"So my brother he's in Seattle-" Oh she had a brother.

Then I was distracted again by Rosalie again, when she laughed at something Alice had told her. Damn her laugh was beautiful. I didn't think I'd ever find a flaw about this girl.

They were in a long conversation when suddenly her head turned from Alice's face, as if realising I was in front of her, or just me staring at her. Alice looked at me too after seeing Rosalie suddenly looked away from her. Alice had an expression of dread and confusion on her face, while she was walking so tense gripping Rosalie's arm, literally like she was gonna have to hold her back.

My eyes flicked back to Rosalie, she had her once golden eyes fixed on the ground, I couldn't really see if they were still gold they looked darker and her fists were clenched. She started to walk faster with Alice holding her arm next to her, pulling her along.

Then Rosalie passed me. She even smelt amazing, like vanilla and-

"Move out of my fucking way." She said harshly with her jaw clenched and brushed past my shoulder. I was too stunned by her to answer or even process what she said. I was taken back to reality when I looked at her eyes-

They were the deepest, darkest black I had ever seen.

I turned around and I saw Alice whisper a question into Rosalie's ear, staring back at me. I had looked at Alice's lips to try to read them. I swear she had asked Rosalie something along the lines of "Blood singer?" To me that made no sense. What the hell is a blood singer?

I was curious so I turned around again, when me and Morgan were just by the door. They weren't in the hall, they had literally just disappeared. Even if I hated school that much I couldn't walk out a busy corridor that quick. Where had they gone?

I jogged out into the car park leaving Morgan behind me yelling at me. Saying something about how Rosalie was a bitch, I just rolled my eyes. I couldn't see them there either. It was raining heavily but I could just make out Edward, Jasper, Emmett and Alice all by their cars. So Alice was there now? She was telling the three boys something. I assumed they were probably waiting for Rosalie, so where the fuck was she?