part one. (updated)

I fall into step behind my brother and his three friends as we exit the hellhole known as school. I'm more than thankful that summer is finally here, however I know i'll likely get bored within my small town. As we walk down the locker lined halls, a few students stare at me causing me to glare at them harshly.

"Apparently she's prego," a short girl whispers to her friend, they both give me condescending looks. I stop for a moment and stare at them, their faces slowly contort with uneasiness which makes me smirk slightly.

Stan runs past me, apologising profusely for accidentally hitting me with his massive backpack before aligning himself with my brother and the rest of their group.

"I think the rabbis gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say where's the beef?" Richie smirks causing Stan to roll her eyes. They continue down the hall, muttering something about Henry signing their yearbooks meanwhile, my eyes follow Greta who's charging towards the girls bathroom. I follow her with a sigh, I honestly hate the girl.

"Am I a slut or a little bitch? Make up your mind," a familiar voice asks, causing me to laugh.

"You're trash," Greta smirks, watching her minion drag a trash bag full of water across the tiled floor. I clear my throat, the girls hand immediately withdraws from the bag, spilling the contents across the floor. Greta turns to me with a tense posture, she tries to speak with an unwavering voice however, it doesn't work, "Scram, Tozier!"

Her friends look at each other worriedly, I step closer to the frizzy haired girl and feel the sick smirk forming on my face, "What did you just say to me?"

Greta begins to open her mouth, her hands curl into a fist slightly before closing her mouth. I look to her, "Think you should apologise to my friend."

"Sorry Beav-Beverly..." she squeaks.

The girls hurry out the bathroom as Beverly opens the door with a grin on her face. "How can someone so nice seem so threatening?"

"It's a gift," I laugh, throwing my arm around her neck before walking out of the bathroom.

We walk out of the bathroom and hurry down the stairs, taking two at a time before leaving through the east entrance. The new kid, Ben, was standing outside with his homework project, he turns to us and smiles at Beverly. He stutters through a conversation with her, his cheeks growing redder by the second before Beverly offers to sign his year book.

I suddenly feel incredibly bad for Ben as I see the blank pages where students names should be. Ben's cute, like a little brother and I can tell he's hurt by the fact no one signed the book. Beverly pulls a pen out before signing the page then passes me the book. I take out a sharpie and bite the cap off, signing my name with a few stars underneath it before returning the book.

"Hang tough, New Kid on the Block," Beverly chimes. I smile at him, thankful that he smiles back rather than glares at me. We say goodbye before continuing across the softball fields and back to Beverly's apartment. She begins to slow as we near her house, I feel bad for her because I think she's scared to go home but whenever I offer an alternative, she declines.

"Want to come over to mines?" I ask, "We could binge watch a chick flick, maybe Richie can invite Bill over."

"Thanks but I can't, need to pick up a few things from the pharmacy," she smiles before saying goodbye and wandering over to her apartment. I sigh before setting off for my home where I assume Richie will already be.

After five minutes, I enter my home sighing since my parents are out, yet again. I hear Richie running around frantically upstairs, "Richie?"

He runs down stairs, "Y/N! Where's my flashlight?"