part two. (updated)

We cycle away from the sewers with Ben on the back on Stanley's bike. His shirt is becoming a crimson red and I'm become increasingly worried at his state. Eddie won't shut up about AIDS and how someone contracted it on a subway, which isn't possible but who am I to argue with his mother's word. We go down the alley beside Mr. Keene's pharmacy and sit Ben on some old crates.

"Richie stay here," Bill rushes out, "Oh and Y/N."

"Wow thanks," I mutter sitting down beside Ben.

"Glad I got to meet you before you died." Richie says plainly and I roll my eyes at him.

Before long, Stanley is rushing down the alley. "Y/N, we need you."

I follow him back into the pharmacy and become pleasantly surprised when I see Beverly. "Hey bitch," I laugh.

"Hey loser," she replies.

"They don't have enough money so..." she smirks, "flirt with Mr. Keene."

"What? why can't you do it?" I protest.

"He hates me after I punched Greta last term," she explains.

"Oh I forgot about that," I begin laughing at the memory.

"Are you seriously trusting Y/N to flirt?" Eddie asks and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"She's a pro," Bev shrugs.

"Yeah so shut it, pretty boy." I wink and he blushes instantly. Huh, cute.

I saunter over, swaying my hips and approach the register. I rest my hand on the counter top, drawing circles with my index finger and batting my eyelashes.

"I like your glasses, Mr. Keene." I coo, keeping eye contact at all times, "You look just like Clark Kent."

"Oh I don't know about that," he laughs, eyeing me up and down, stopping just above my black top.

"Can I try them?"

He looks unsure at first but hands them over anyway, making sure to brush his hand on mines.

"What do you think?" I giggle.

"Well how about that," he grins creepily, "you look just like Lois Lane."

"Really?" I swoon, leaning further across the register. Laughing as I take the glasses off, I reach forward and knock over the cigarette stand.

"Oh i'm so sorry," I pout as he reaches to pick up the stand. I look at Beverly, she knows it is time to leave so she hastily pulls the boys with her. Eddie stares at me with wide eyes so I wink at him, causing him to blush before leaving.

"Oh shoot," I giggle as Mr. Kenne returns to the surface not noticing the cigarette packet I took for Beverly, "I completely forgot what my brother needed, I'll be back later."

"O-Oh okay."

Strolling down the alley, I pull the cigarette packet out of my pocket and hand it over to Beverly.

"I just fell." Ben says, his face growing red as Beverly grows more concerned.

"Yeah right into Henry Bowers." Ritchie adds.

"Did Y/N kick his ass again?" Beverly asks.

"Wait did that actually happen?"

Beverly looks to me before ignoring Richie's question, "Anyways, are you sure they have the right stuff to fix you up?"

Ben and I laugh at the joke that no one else got. Beverly begins to leave as she needs to get home but Bill quickly invites her, Ben and I (for once) to the quarry the next day.

"Great job bringing up bowers," Stan grunts.

"What'd she do?" Ben asks.

"More like who'd she do?" Richie laughs so I glare at him, "I hear the list is longer than my wang."

"That's not saying much." Stan rolls his eyes and I give him a high five.

"Pip pip and tally ho," my brother says in an incredibly bad British accent, "I do believe this chap requires our upmost attention."

Eddie leans forward, looking at the cut and then at the pile of medical supplies scattered across the floor. I walk over and ignore Richie's comment about me having no idea what to do.

"Take this," I say, handing Ben a painkiller.

"Eddie clean the area with antiseptic and no you won't get AIDS," I then instruct.

Overall Ben's wound isn't too bad but the last line of the 'H' is much deeper and needs stitching. Heating up the needle and sterilising the thread, I place it near the wound looking to Ben for confirmation. He nods. Pushing the needle through the skin, I try to work as quickly as I can as Ben winces, finally after a few minutes he is stitched up and Eddie applies more antiseptic and then a bandage.

"Woah," Stan says looking at me in admiration.

I just laugh and begin to clean up the bloody cotton balls from the ground. Eddie reaches for one at the same time causing our hands to touch.

"Oh s-sorry Y/N." God he's cute.

"It's okay, pretty boy."

He blushes even more before Richie interrupts, "Sorry to make the doctor leave but Y/N and I need to return to the Tozier fortress."

"Guess I'll see you guys tomorrow," I smile.

"Bye Y/N," Eddie replies.

"Bye Kaspbrak."

Richie gives me a strange look before picking up his bike. I follow him, cycling a little bit. Eventually, we get back home, it's no surprise that our parents are out so we throw our bikes on the ground and enter our house.

"What was that back there?" Richie asks.

"What was what?"

"How did you know how to help Ben?" he quizzes.

"Haven't you heard? I reply, "I got into a fight with Bowers."

"I thought that was a rumour," he whispers, there's a sad look in his eye, "I didn't know he was picking on you."

"Was, Rich. Not anymore," I sigh, "See you in the morning."

hope you're enjoying the book! Also check out my story about Stanley Uris. Please vote