part thirteen. (updated)

A frantic knocking on the front door wakes both Richie and I up. He runs downstairs, still half asleep and swings the door open to reveal a slightly red faced and puffy eyed Bill, "It has Bev."

"We'll meet you at Neibolt," I say, wiping the sleep from my eyes. Richie looks at me worried as Bill hurried down the street towards Stan's house.

"We'll need flashlights," Richie exclaimed.

"and weapons..." I sigh, suddenly feeling nervous.

We both get changed quickly, stuffing things that seem useful into our bags. Neither of us think to bring a knife, probably because we know a knife won't kill a century year old shape shifting nightmare. We pedal so fast I swear I smell rubber burning but it's most likely my imagination. The others are already outside Neibolt when we arrive, Stan stands with shaking legs whilst everyone else searches from some kind of weapon.

"You okay?" I whisper to Stan. He shakes his head so I give his hand a squeeze in an attempt to reassure him. I smile at him, "We'll be okay as long as we stick together, just like Bev said, okay?"

"Okay, you're right," Stan smiles back before we follow Bill into the musty house. The floorboards creak underneath us as we make our way towards the old well.

"Hey Eddie, got a quarter?" Ritchie jokes peering down into the dark well.

"Why would you wanna make a wish in that thing," Eddie cringes as Ben shouts down the well in the hope of hearing Beverly.

Mike grabs a rope and ties it to a wooden beam above the well. Bill's the first to disappear down the dark hole then me, followed by Eddie, Richie, Stan then Ben. Finally it's Mike's turn but he fails to appear. Ben shouts up, "Mike?" All of a sudden a face peers over the well. "Bowers!" I scream as he loosens the rope so it falls into the dark.

"Y/N..." a familiar voice whispers from further down the sewer. The boys are all shouting up to Mike and I know I shouldn't leave them but I feel compelled too.

"Y/N," he whispers again.

It's not possible, it can't be him. "Vic?"

"I told you he'd lose his sanity..." Vic says with sadness evident in his voice, "Henry lost it, he killed me because of you."

"W-What?" I ask, "Vic come on, you know I wasn't my fault, I never meant for this to happen."

I hear Eddie's frantic voice echo through the tunnels and I suddenly realise just how dangerous it was for me to wander off by myself. I should walk away, no run away but I can't, he seems so real.

"Vic," I plead, "I miss you everyday, I'm so sorry."

"It's your fault Y/N," he repeats, "You knew Henry was losing it and you didn't try to help me, you should've helped me."

"You know that's not the truth," I whisper shakily.

Vic's eyes darken as he looks at me with such hatred. He lunges at me, throwing me against the dirty wall. His hands grip around my neck,I try to fight back but as I stare into his expressionless eyes, guilt overwhelms me and my will to fight fades with each breath. As the little light around me begins to fade, I hear the sound of footsteps running through water.

"What the fuck do we do!" Mike screeches.

"Attack it!" Richie says throwing a piece of fence, he found outside the house, at Vic. Eddie and Stan do the same, hitting him with a bat and a broken piece of metal. Mike hurls stones at the monster as it releases my neck from its grip and retreats from the tunnel. Bill charges forward following the creature into a large room, leaving the others to deal with my barely conscious state.