part five. (updated)

I awoke feeling refreshed despite my brother's harsh words last night. The sun shines through my window as the smell of pancakes fill the air. I get dressed and brush out the curls in my Y/H/C hair before applying minimal makeup. All of a sudden, my door bursts open and Richie struts in, "Beverly called, she needs us now."

If it had been anything else, I would've stayed put and simply glared at my brother but I know Bev wouldn't call unless it's urgent. I pull my black converse on and run outside to where Richie is standing with his bike. I grab mines and we begin to cycle to Beverly's apartment.

"What do you think it is?" Richie asks.

"Dunno," I sigh.

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing," I say through gritted teeth.

"Someone's woke up on the wrong side of the bed," he scoffs.

"Fuck off," I spit.

We arrive at Beverly's at the same time as Ben, dumping our bikes on the grass before walking over to our group of friends.

"My dad will kill me if he finds out i've had boys in the apartment," Beverly explains.

"We'll have a look out," Bill suggests, "Richie stay here."

"Gladly, at least I don't need to be with Miss. Angry over there," he rolls his eyes and then glares at me, "Wait, what if her dad comes back?"

"Do what you always do, start talking," Stan replies with a small smile tugging on his lips. Richie grins, "It's a gift."

"Is it though?" I mutter. Eddie looks at me confused causing me to roll my eyes and follow Beverly inside. Can I even speak to Eddie now? Beverly stops outside her bathroom, her face paling by the second, "In there..."

"Did you know that 89% of the worst accidents at home are caused in bathrooms a-and it's full of bacteria!" Eddie begins, making my heart flutter at his nerdiness but I ignore it and push the door open since no one else was.

"Holy shit," I express, suddenly wanting to hurl at the smell.

"You see it?" Beverly asks.

"W-what happened in here?" Bill stutters.

"When my dad couldn't see it, i thought i was going crazy..." she laughs anxiously before Ben comments, "Well if you're crazy then we're all crazy."

"W-w-we can't leave it like this," Bill says stepping into the red room.

Half an hour later, we are almost finished cleaning with the bathtub left to scrub. Beverly turns to me, "Y/N can you go and get some more bleach?"

"Yeah," I reply taking off my bloody gloves and walking through to the kitchen where the cleaning supplies are found under the sink. I hear footsteps stop behind me, turning around I find Eddie looking slightly awkward, "Y/N?"

I sigh, "What Eddie?"

"What's wrong, you seem kind of pissed off at everything."

"Wow thanks," I mutter.

"What's wrong?" he asks again.

"Nothing," I lie.

"There clearly is, maybe I can help," he pleads.

"No you can't, leave it," I snap harsher than expected. I groan before picking up the bottle of bleach and ignore the pain in my heart.

We open nearly every window in Beverly's apartment to try and rid the place of the horrific chemical smell, at least it's better than the smell of blood. We all leave the apartment to find Richie sitting on his bike out front.

"I love being your personal doorman, really!" Ritchie says sarcastically, "Could you have taken any longer?"

"Shut up Richie," Eddie comments. 

"Okay, trash the trashmouth, I get it," Richie yells, "I wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom door and imagining it went all eddies mums vagina on halloween!"

Eddie grimaces at Richie's comment whilst Bill replies, "S-She wasn't imagining it, I saw something too."

"You saw blood too?" Stan asks.

"Not blood..." Bill says, sounding sad, "G-G-Georgie, he seemed so real, i mean it seemed like him b-but there was this..."

"Clown," Eddie finishes for him.

"Wait can only virgins see this stuff, is that why i'm not seeing this shit?" my brother asks.

"Shut up," I hiss.

"I see you're still in a mood," he scoffs.

Stan rolls his eyes at our argument before exclaiming, "Shit, it's Bowers!"

"We should get out of here," Eddie says frantically taking a puff of his inhaler.

"Wait isn't that the h-home schools kid bike?" Bill asks. I look to Bev, we both instantly drop our bikes and run down the grassy trail towards the river. The boys follow close behind, Stan last since he puts his bike on the sand. They stand behind us as Bev launches a rock at Henry. Henry looks over, releasing his grip on Mike before laughing.

"You losers are trying to hard," he smirks before pointing to Bev, "She'll do you, you just have to ask nicely like I did!"

"Y/N on the other hand," he laughs, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

He winks as a shiver runs down my spine. By now, Mike is on the other side with us, his face his bloody and his knuckles are burst. I pick up a rock from the bank of the stream before screaming, "Fuck you!"

"Rock war!" Richie screams before being hit himself.

Rocks are flying across the stream. Bowers and his gang are greatly outnumbered and I can't help but avoid throwing rocks at Vic. Surprisingly, it seems he feels the same as he is the first to leave, followed by Belch. Blood trails down Henry's face as he retreats from the stream, Richie screams at him from across the river, "Go blow your dad, you mullet wearing asshole!" 

"Thanks guys but you shouldn't have done that," Mike smiles sadly, "he'll be after you now."

"Oh no no, Bowers is always after us!" Eddie replies, "well most of us, not Y/N anyway."

"You're the one that managed to take him down?" Mike gasps. I smile at him, "I guess so."

"Who'd of thought you'd be so beautiful," he says barely above a whisper however, everyone hears it. Beverly clears her throat awkwardly whilst Eddie's hands curls into a fist.

"I guess Bowers is o-one t-t-thing we all have in common," Bill laughs, trying to ease the tension.

"Yeah homeschool, welcome to the losers club," Richie smiles.

We all disperse and go home, deciding to try and meet up during the Labour day parade. Richie refuses to talk to me, not that I care since he's the one that started it. A few hours later, I awake to a tapping noise on my window. Rolling over, I squint at my alarm clock on my bedside cabinet. 1:07. I sigh and then open my window to see Vic standing in my garden.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper-yell so I won't wake everyone. He sighs before replying, "I had to say I was sorry."

"At one in the morning?" I groan, "also i'm not the one you should be apologising too."

"I know..." he acknowledges. I turn around quickly as a door closes down the hall, I assume Richie went to go and get a drink. When I turn back around, Vic is gone.

hope you're enjoying the book! Also check out my story about Stanley Uris. Please vote