Come See About Me

"Hey

"Hey... It's been a while since we last talked. I know you're probably busy but give me a call when you're not." I hung up and sighed as I rubbed my eyes.

Six months had passed since she ended things with me. Six months of hell ensued. I took her for granted because I thought she'd still be there but when I turned around and realized what I was doing she already had a foot out the door.

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

Those words hurt me so bad. She gave up on me and it showed in her small smile, the dark rings around her eyes and the steely stare she gave me right before she closed our door in my face. Or should I say mine? She took her name off the lease a week later.

My phone ringing interrupted my depressing thoughts. I answered quickly. Maybe it was Bey.

"Hey...." I wiped my face again.

"You were supposed to be in the studio a hour ago. What happened?" Lauren's voice snapped at me over the speaker. Her voice was beginning to irk my nerves. At first I could tolerate it but it was becoming unbearable. Along with many other things in my life.

"Why are you snapping at me? Don't forget I'm the reason you're even able to pay your fucking rent." My tired voice snapped back. She didn't try to hide her long groan. She better be lucky she ain't say something slick or she would be packing.

"Yeah okay, but the label is breathing down my neck because they can't reach you. They said they've been looking for you for months! What the hell Onika?" I winced at the use of my legal first name. I was only comfortable with one person calling me that and she knew it.

"Look I'll call you back. Cancel the studio time before I lose anymore of my money. Thank you." I hang up with the quickness before I was a subject to more of her wrath.

And just like that my mind was back on her.

Come, come see what I've been up to

Come come see about me

I know you had a lot of work to do

you got used to things without me baby

Yeah you got used to every thing I never did

You got sick of being sick of all my flaws

You got over all the pain I ever caused

And I didn't mean it no

Grabbing my phone I opened the notes section and quickly typed out the lyrics, before calling Lauren.

"HOW YOU GONE HANG UP-"

"Reschedule the studio time. I'm on my way there now." I rushed, as I grabbed my things. I didn't even care how I looked. I only needed my purse really.

"Nicki I just can't do that-"

"Thank you," I pressed the red end call button with my middle finger before calling my private driver. He was outside in fifteen minutes.

"Nice to see you alive Mrs. Maraj," he smiled as he opened the back door for me.

"I have no energy for your bs Kenny. Keep it down today before you have no job tomorrow." He just let out a quiet chuckled and mumbled about how I was so funny to him.

I gave him the directions. "Roll up the partition while your at it. I don't want to see your face."

"One day your going to see where that attitude gets you," he rolled it up, "nowhere."

I rolled my eyes and sparked a blunt. The ride was an hour away with New York traffic. I might as well get high.

Hi guys!

What did you think about the chapter?

Trash it or keep it?

Should I upload a part two?

Any suggestion's? Anything y'all want to read?

Please vote and leave some comments for me to read.🤗

Love y'all like I do my food and that's sayin something!

Until the next update!