Love & Lost

The town was in utter chaos

The town was in utter chaos. Civilians scattered from the source of the explosion, some hid and cowered in corners, few tried to help the injured. Emergency vehicle sirens filled the air, emergency personnel tried their best to handle the situation, but they weren't prepared for the anarchy. HeeJin still lay unconscious as her bodyguard tried to make sure she was not injured. HyunJin reached for her radio by her hip and flipped a switch, activating an emergency beacon. She reached up pressed on her earpiece and called out for backup, briefly stating the situation.

Right after the call, she felt some movement from under her. The bodyguard turned her attention back to HeeJin.

"HeeJin!...HeeJin!"

"Are you ok? HeeJin!"

HyunJin let out a sigh of relief as she was finally stirring awake. She tried her best to keep her hand from trembling as she brushed and wiped the dirt and grime from HeeJin's cheeks. The unconscious girl finally came to, and there were immediate fear and confusion in her eyes.

Trying to keep her breath steady, it was unbelievably difficult for HyunJin not to wince and cry in pain from all her injuries. She didn't want to worry HeeJin, but her efforts were useless once HeeJin looked her up and down. There was no way to hide any of her severe wounds, her warm blood pooled around her and HeeJin, her leg started to burn from the metal shrapnel in her leg, and her head throbs with immense pain. She felt her consciousness beginning to fade, but tried to stay alert until back up arrives.

HeeJin cried out to HyunJin; tears were streaming down her face looking at her severely injured girlfriend. She felt like it was her fault HyunJin was in this state. If they hadn't left her bed today, everything could have been normal. Maybe if HeeJin weren't wearing HyunJin's bulletproof blazer, she would be in better condition. If she weren't her bodyguard, she wouldn't be in any danger, to begin with.

"Why aren't you leaving?! You can't die because of me!"

HyunJin tried to muster up a smile as she wiped the tears falling from the girl's eyes. "I'll protect your life until my last breath." She placed her finger under HeeJin's chin so that she could look her in the eyes. "As long as you live, I won't die."

"I don't want that! I don't want you to be in danger again, HyunJin." The crying girl clutched HyunJin's shirt. "I can't lose you."

"The same goes for me, Heekki," she gently cupped her face with one hand. "Now that I know danger is after you. There's no possible way I am going to sit on the sidelines."

Ms.Wong (head of security for Blockberry) and several bodyguards arrived at the scene and immediately spotted the two on the ground. They all rush to them, prepared with first aid kits and a stretcher.

Now HyunJin started to sway back and forth, at this point she couldn't stay up, as she was about to collapse, HeeJin caught her and carefully placed her head on her lap. With HyunJin's last bit of remaining energy, she mouthed the words.