Stay & Protect

*Note: As a warning, this chapter contains violence, language, and blood and gore.*

Emergency lights flooded the apartment, and HeeJin and HyunJin quickly broke apart. Heejin bit the inside of her cheek, cursing at whatever prevented their kiss. They were so close to gaining back just an ounce of what they lost. The brunette was optimistic, sure she didn't believe in cheesy fairytales, and as cheesy as it sounded, she hoped that their kiss would unlock the missing memories of the bodyguard.

In the midst of the confusion, HyunJin sensed there was something wrong in the air. Her gut urged her to stay alert. As if HaSeul was sharing the same brain, she walked in from the front door to check on them. "Are you two, alright?"

HyunJin responds not even a second later while maintaining eye contact with HeeJin. "Yeah, we are ok." The bodyguard brings up a hand to her ear, touching her earpiece to reach headquarters. "Control, this is Agent Kim. What's the situation?"

She paused before contacting again. "Control, this is Agent Kim."

"Control?" Just like the past two times, there was no response from the security headquarters. She grew wary of the situation, not liking that communication could be down. It only made the air tenser, the sense of danger more imminent.

HyunJin looked towards HaSeul, and the senior bodyguard already knew what the younger was implying, she attempted to contact control, but with no luck, she ended in the same result.

HaSeul let out a frustrated huff of air. "Comms are down. Maybe something is jamming it, or the power has been cut completely off." HaSeul theorized. "We should head down to headquart-"

The sound of shattering glass interrupted the bodyguard, silencing the three. The sound came from the direction of HeeJin's room. It seems like unwelcome visitors came from the rooftop and breached through the balcony. HaSeul unholstered her pistol, HyunJin followed suit. Without uttering a word, the senior bodyguard signaled for everyone to find cover. She placed herself behind the wall of the hallway entrance that led to HeeJin's room. HyunJin took hold of HeeJin's trembling hand and guided her towards the back of the living room.

Suddenly the door broke apart and splintered as the women were preparing to hide. HyunJin realized they were still out in the open. The younger bodyguard yanked HeeJin into her arms and dove for the nearest cover, falling behind the couch.

Two masked men entered the room, spraying a rain of bullets at the direction of the two, tracing the movements of the evading couple, giving the couch a new pattern of bullet holes that tore through the leather and stuffing. Not even a second passed when HaSeul came out from her hiding place, landing a single bullet into the head of the nearest intruder, instantly ending his life.

The other henchman was quick to react, already aiming the gun towards HaSeul, but he wasn't that fast. She read his next move as if they were playing a game of chess. She was already one step ahead. Right after she fired her first shot, she ducked and rolled on the ground. Bullets filled the now empty space of where the bodyguard was standing. The man realized too late that HaSeul was on the ground. She fired her gun into his leg then with a sweeping kick, she kicked his legs right from under him, causing him to collapse. Haseul quickly wraps herself around his arm that held his gun, swiftly bending his elbow backward in a right angle. A series of gruesome cracks of snapping joints and tearing ligaments made the man scream in anguish, forcing him to release his weapon. In a matter of seconds, she brought out her cuffs and restrained him.