When Strings Break

I didn't remember much after that. I remember Adam running into the forest holding me. I think I saw Ross too. I don't know anymore.
   After a bit I finally woke up. I woke up in a bed I didn't recognize. Unfortunately I couldn't leave it because my body still ached. The gashes in my arms and legs were still there. There was even one on my neck. I heard someone come in. It was Jin.
   "Oh, your up." Jin said a bit surprised.
    "Um, yeaaah, so?" I said a bit confused. I had a lot of questions.
   "Well, you forced a transformation," Said Jin,
"If you force it then there's a possibility that you could go to the other side, and we wouldn't be able to get you back." He sounded concerned.
   "Yeah, I knew the riskes, but," I said a super scared.
   "Adam can't die Jess, what you might've done was scratched him." Jin said.
   "Ugh, yeah yeah, wait. Do you have my phone,"
   "Jess, it's on the bed stand," Jin said blandly.
I looked to my side and there it was. My phone with its purple case of my favorite show. I blushed a bit in ignorance and embarrassment. I grabbed it and started to text Katelyn. I should call her first before she calls the cops.
   "Hey, Katelyn?" I asked a bit quiet. Jin gets the message and leaves.
   "Ohmahgosh! Aphmau! Are you ok?!" She sounded concerned. "I came to check on you and you were gone!"
   "Oh yeah, I left to go to my friends house and forgot to tell you, oopps?" I said, I felt myself shrinking in fear. What was I going to say when I didn't show up tomorrow. "Oh yeah I'm hurt and almost died, no big deal." As if I would say that. "Hey Katelyn. I'm actually going to be gone for awhile, My friends and I are going to go visit our home town for maybe a week? Sorry to spring this on you."
   "Ugh, it's fine. It's pretty late so I'm gonna go. See ya," Katelyn hung up.
   I sighed from relief as I was scared she wouldn't buy it. My body still ached from the scars. It burned my body, even though I'm dead. Jin, Ross, Adam and Lizzie walked in the room soon after I got off the phone with Katelyn.
   "How does it feel? The cuts?" Lizzie said her face like a sad kitten.
   "That's the wounds I got? Just some scrapes?" I said. I couldn't see how I was hurt because the bandages were on my wounds.
   "They weren't just any ordinary scrapes. They cut through your arm to the other side. The Marionette part of you made sure you weren't hurt badly and kept you together by strings." Adam said coolly. I saw bits of dried blood on his arms. He carried here. Even though I said I hated him he helped me.
   "Where am I? How long have I been out? AND WHO CHANGED MY CLOTHES MY GOSH JIN IF YOU-" I started to freak out until the strain of my arms brought me back into reality. I was hurt badly and flopped on a pillow.
   "Chill Jess, it was me, I wouldn't let them peak if they tried." Lizzie assured me.
   "Second, Your at my house, and third, you've been out for a couple of hours. It's maybe one am now."
"I've been out for that long!" I yelled in shock.
"Well it's not surprising after the stunt you did to transform." Jin said angrily.
"What was I supposed to do!? Lose Adams soul?!!" I barked back. Jin calmed himself and spoke.
"Jess, what you did was extremely dangerous. Your soul could of gone to the other side of you weren't careful. A transformation is working WITH your other side. YOU did it on your own."
I stayed silent for a second. Then asked a question, "Hey Jin, what would happen if I transformed back. Y'know, normally."
Jin looked up. And back at me. "I have no idea,"
Adam stepped forward, "well, Let's try it."
"Adam, we can't just mess around here. If it's bad then Jess's spirit could be lost," Jin said.
"Let's try it." Lizzie said.
   "Lizzie, you cant be serious, What if we lose Jess," Jin said in a panicky voice.
   "Listen Jin, the stakes were the same when Jess was unconscious. Nothing has changed." Gave him a stern look with her speech which was enough to faze him a bit. He backed into a corner and did some weird stuff on his phone.
   "Ok, who's in on letting Jess transform?" Lizzie asked. Adam nodded towards Lizzie and Ross raised his hand and spoke, "Once we do this, can you teach me your sugar cookie recipe?"
   Lizzie sighed in annoyance and said "Yes Ross."
   Suddenly they all looked at me and Adam nudged my arm. The sharp pain went through my arm but was unnoticeable by me. I then closed my eyes and transformed. I could feel the color of my skin changing and my cheeks feeling rosy. My clothes turned white and black and markings on my face were coming on. I had transformed. I opened my eyes and looked at my arms.
   "Well? How is it?" Adam asked lifting my arm slightly.
   I laid in shock for a minute and replied, "It-It doesn't hurt but, I can't move."
   Jin stepped back forward. "It must have to do with your strings being severed,"
   My eyes widened as I wanted to leap into our to him. "MY STRINGS!!! THEY WERE CUT!!??" I panicked. I looked at my limbs. He was right. My strings had been almost detached from my body. It scared me so much I wanted to faint and just transform into Jess again.
   Jin advises to transform back and I did. My body ached all over but it was better than having my limbs come off at any time. Once I transformed back Ross dragged Lizzie into the kitchen and Jin went and did something on his phone. Adam and me talked and caught up with each other. It was nice to not hate him again.