Dinner

(No One's Pov)

     You caught yourself in the middle of daydreaming and shot up from you place on the bed, checking the time. "Oh, shoot!" was all you could say to yourself as you practically threw yourself downstairs, nearly flying face first into the front door. Thanks to someone's tail wrapping around your waist, stopping you from doing so. "Woah-ho-ho there! Don't want any accidents happenin' now do we?" Your fathers voice rang out from behind you as they unraveled their tail from around you. You turned around, rubbing the back of your neck nervously. "Hehe, Yeah, that'd be bad." You agreed. 

     He starred down at the watch on his wrist. You took a moment to admire how he had fixed himself up. Before, he had looked all sweaty from being nervous, wrinkled clothing from getting squirrely with that man in the alley. Now he wore a clean, white button up shirt with black dress pants and a pair of black suspenders. Yeah, it was the same outfit as before, but he looked cleaner now, less rugged. 

     This had also given you a moment to look at his features, quite surprised as to how the both of you looked alike, though, some features of yours were definitely not inherited by him. Must have been your mother, he said that she had died once she had given birth to you. This honestly didn't bother you as much as you thought it would. You were much more relieved to get true, honest answers about how you came to be and what had happened to your parents. The thought of your adoptive family had left you completely, this could have been good or bad. Guess it all depends on what will happen later on (foreshadowing who?).

     Suddenly, a honking was heard from outside. Your fathers head shot up. "That's our ride my darlin'." He said in a sing-song voice, holding the door open for you. You stepped outside, giggling at your father speed walking over to the limo that had been parked to open the door for you again. You got in and buckled up, Benicio gently shut your door once you were settled and entered from the other side and took a seat beside you. "Where to Mr. Drew?" Moon man had asked, looking at the two of you through his rearview mirror. "(Favorite restaurant), please." He said, exciting you at the sound of your favorite place to eat. 

     Then just like that, you were off. It was about a twenty minute drive to get there. On the way there, you had admired the sights as you starred out the window. Time seemed to have flown by when you realized you were there. You were about to hop out until your father was already there, opening the door for you. 'what is it with this chivalry?' you thought, he must want something, no one is this nice without wanting something. You ignored it, for now. 

     You stepped out, giving him a smile after thanking Moon for the ride. It wasn't even two seconds before you had turned around and saw Benicio at the entrance of the restaurant. You rolled your eyes and walked inside, him following right behind you. "Table for two I presume?" A waiter said as they had approached you two. Your father nodded. "Table or booth?" He asked. "Booth please." He replied. The waiter nodded and motioned for you two to follow him as he lead you to a nice booth. Your father and you sat across from each other. He took your orders for drinks and left you two to look at the menu. "Feel free to order whatever you like. It's on me." Benicio proudly said to you as he looked at the menu. You nodded, proceeding to look at your. Once the waiter had returned with your drinks, he sat them down in front of the two of you and took your orders. Of course you had ordered your favorite dish from the place, (F/f). Benicio on the other hand had ordered a nice steak.

     You admired the scenery of the establishment as you waited on your orders to be filled. This is when you father had decided to strike up some conversation. "So.. (Y/n). How do you feel about the whole 'me bein' your dad' thing? I mean, it was a pretty sudden thing." He said, looking you in your eyes. You took a moment to process what he had asked. "I honestly don't know how to feel about it. I mean, on one hand, I'm glad to actually know that I have biological family. On the other hand though, I'm still kind of worried." You explained, looking back at him. 

     "What do you mean 'worried'?" He questioned, raising a brow. You placed your elbows on the table and intertwined your fingers, then rested your chin on them. "My uh, previous family isn't really the perfect family. Matter of fact, my 'father' was incredibly strict: so strict that he'd never let me out of the house for some reason. When I was about 13, I kept tryin' to slip out of the house every other night. I'd get caught by the mob runnin' around those parts, apparently he had paid them to make sure I don't go no where." You began to explain, taking a small sip of your drink. His brows furrowed at the thought you were conveying, but gave you his full attention nonetheless. "A few days ago I tried to slip out again, only this time they didn't come after me, my family did, which was weird. He tried threatenin' me to get in the car, but I just ran off. Then a just kept runnin' and runnin' until I ended up here. The reason why I'm worried is because.." You paused. "What if he sends that mob over this way like the one guy from last night? Just, not drunk and more than one?" You asked, starring at the ice cubes in your drink floating around, resting your hands on the table. 

     The next thing you knew, you felt a large warmth covering your hands. You looked up and saw it was your father, putting his gloved hands over yours. "Hey, you ain't got nothin' to worry about darlin'. Everything's gonna be A-Okay." He said, giving you a reassuring smile. "Besides, no one puts their hands on MY daughter. Not if I have anythin' to say about it." He said overdramatically, making you giggle a small bit. "There's that smile." He said with a soft voice. 

     It felt good, having that little moment to yourselves. Sadly it was interrupted when the two of you saw your food being dished out. Your hands separated and you sat back, letting the waiter set the dishes down in front of you. You said your thanks and sent the waiter on his way. With that, the two of enjoyed your food (which was delicious by the way).  

     Afterwards, Benicio called up Moon to give the two of you a ride. He paid and left a tip for the waiter, then followed you outside. Within just a few minutes, Moon had arrived. The two of you hopped in and chatted on the way home. You felt a little more confident about the whole 'other mob' thing thanks to your dad. Though there was still a little fear in the back of your head, you decided to push it down for now and trust in that everything will be okay, just like he said.