DON'T FEAR THE REAPER

A/n this one is bittersweet. You'll probably want to play the song at the top. It goes with the story. (Not a songfic tho.)

T/w: Major character death (duh). Mentions of child abuse.

Hope you enjoy it!!!

*Dick pov*

I sat in the hospital bed listing to the sounds around me. The beeps of the heart monitor we're getting aggravating.

"He probably won't make it. I'm sorry Mr.Wayne.''

I heard crying.

Dammit.

Why did that villain have to attack?

You know...

I never feared death. I honestly thought it would be quite peaceful.

I feared what came after it. After I had lost my parents I felt so much pain and heartbreak. I never wanted anyone to feel like I did.

Yet here we are.

'Do something! He's the only one who is slightly tolerable in this family!'

Damian.

He may act cold but I knew the real him. He was a softie. Whether he liked to admit it or not.

'Please.'

That would be Tim. Damn, I hope he doesn't overwork himself over this.

I heard footsteps come near me.

'I'm sorry. I never deserved you as a brother.'

That made want to cry.

You did deserve me, Jason. I don't deserve you.

But then he said something. Something that caught me off guard.

'Don't fear the reaper. And don't be afraid to ask questions.'

Then a loud shrill rang through the room.

And then silence.

I could see now.

But...

I wasn't in a hospital.

"Where am I?"

*Play the song now*

*Here it is again. Wippity woo. It's almost as of the song and story go to together for it to come up twice*

Then out of nowhere, a man made himself known.

"You are in between afterlives. Between Hell and Heaven. I'm the Reaper."

I felt myself take a step back.

That's when I began to take in my surroundings.

The place was regal. It had paintings of past lives of heroic acts. It reminded me of the old Greek coliseum's. Except it was entirely black.

Then I looked at him.

He had short black hair that was kinda messy. Brown almond eyes and a jawline that would make anyone drool.

He wore the black robe that we expect every reaper to have. Except the hood was down. Giving me perfect access to look at his face.

He looked human.