•3• ZOEY

Zoey

Zoey

I immediately recognized the mans face.

It was Owen Price. 

Owen Price was on my doorstep asking me for help? 

That's when I took note of his bloodstained clothes and hands.  What happened to him?  I then snapped back to reality with the realization that he was very hurt and in great need of help. 

"Oh my god, you're bleeding."  I stated the obvious as I stepped onto the porch and bent down to his level on the ground.  "I'll call an ambulance." 

I was about to run inside to grab my phone when he reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me back down rather roughly. What was he doing? He needed help.

"No, they'll find me if you do." He breathed out, struggling with his words. Who would find him? What was he talking about? "I'm coming in."

What?

I didn't even have time to respond before he grabbed onto the porch railing beside him and pulled himself up onto his feet, wincing in the process.

"What happened?!" I got a little more panicky as I got a better view of exactly how much blood was on this boy. I wasn't good with blood.

He didn't respond, instead he took a step forward, almost falling in the process. The only thing stopping him from falling was my tiny body body standing in front of him as he gripped my shoulder for balance.

"You should sit down, you're hurting yourself even more." I tried to explain. "Let's go inside and I'll call an ambulance."

He didn't argue as I began to walk inside and he followed in beside me, holding his weight up with his hand on my shoulder.  Which, not going to lie, kind of hurt. 

Owen was tall and well built, so obviously he outweighed my small frame by a lot.  He was at least 6'4. 

After a minute of very slow walking into my house, I sat Owen at the kitchen table.  I then began to go for my phone again so I could call for help, but was only pulled back by him once again. 

"You're that Tucker girl, aren't you?"  He asked sternly as he gripped my arm.

He knew my name?  Well, last name, but still!?

I looked up at his face and noticed the pale, lifeless look in his eyes.  It was very clear he was in a lot of pain and needed serious help as soon as possible. 

"Yes."  I answered with a gulp. 

He could barely even walk, but that didn't make him any less intimidating.  Everyone was intimidated by Owen.  This is why I had never really spoken to him, despite my huge crush.