Waiting Arrival

The sunlight flooded through your window, waking you up. You stubbornly opened your eyes, not wanting to face the day. You rolled over and looked out your window and just stared. After a few minutes of denying whether you should get up or not, you remembered the strange ship coming in today. 

You groaned as you sat up in bed. You heard two knocks on the door before Abbi let herself in. She shut the door and then bowed before your bed. 

“I’m glad you’re awake princess (Y/N). Your mother wishes to have you accompany her for a morning meal with the King and Queen of Oreand. They’d like for you to spend some time with their son before your wedding.”

“Wedding? Jeez, how close is it?”

“In one week.”

“WHAT?” You yelled. Seriously? One week? One. Fucking. Week? Where would you even go? You can’t rule that disgusting fish town of Oreand. They still had a king and queen and you couldn’t rule here. Both families were still very capable of ruling for themselves. 

“I know it must sound ridiculous to you, but it what your parents decided. Plus, the Prince is very fond of you.” 

You gave a disgusted noise and turned back out your window. You got curious and stood up from your bed. You walked over to the window that had a view over the ocean. In the very distance, you could make out a small dot that you assumed was a ship. Was that the incoming ship today?

Abbi went to the closet and found a dark red ballgown, with long selves and a high neck and a white corset to go over it. You sighed as you look at the stupid contraption and sluggishly walked over to her so she could help you put it on. 

You sucked in sharply as she tightened the corset around your waist. You breathed out but less easily than normal. Abbi grabbed a hairbrush and quickly fixed your bedhead and applied some light makeup to your face. 

She opened your bedroom and motioned for you to follow. She moved to the other side to hold the door open. You walked towards the door but before you could make it out a thought came to you. You looked over at your bed and quickly kneeled down beside it. You quickly grabbed your sword and buckled it around your waist. The sword soon faded so no one would know you had it.

You then walked at and followed Abbi

*le time skeep* 

You poked around at the leftover food on your plate. It was 30 minutes into the breakfast and you were already so over it. They only talked about I’d make a good wife and that we’d be so good together. Yeah, I’ll be a good wife alright; I know how to shut my damn mouth so you can do whatever you want to do. Bullshit. 

It was only the five of us since my dad was dealing with the incoming ship. Of course, he just had to make me busy so I wouldn’t have a chance to see who it was. At least the garden was nice. You always did like roses, despite you not being very girly in the first place. That was one of the only things you really liked about this castle.

Your mother and the other queen erupted into loud laughter. You rolled your eyes. Goddamn, shut up. Your mother’s laugh was always really annoying. Especially, when she’s had alcohol and she had to have wine of all things with her breakfast.

A loud bang came from the other side of the hedge wall that blocked to view of the ocean. That normally indicated a ship was docking. With curiosity taking over you, you excused yourself from the table and walked down one of the paths of roses that took your around a corner and lead to a small bench. You stood on the bench and peered over the top.