Consequences

^^ half-ass drawing of Zach

You looked up from Zach's back, as you were both heading for the castle. You adjusted your position to sit properly on him, your mind racing. Why did Zach leave like that? Did he know something you didn't?

You decided you could think later, as you instead focused on how close you and Zach were getting to the docks. He flew down lower and you both landed on the docks. You looked at Zach before speaking.

"What the hell was that for?" You spoke angrily at him. "Hey just listen to me for a minute-"

"We had them, there were only 8 of them left we could've taken them on!" "Hey, calm down a second-"

"They didn't look that strong, we could've given it all we got!"

"(Y/N)!" Zach finally snapped.

You look at him, complete seriousness all over his face. You calmed down slightly, not wanting to upset him. "If we killed them, she would've felt it and would know where you've been hiding."

"What? She? Hiding me? What do you mean?"

"(Y/N) and Zach!" You both turned to look at the King staring you down, the visitors from earlier from today following behind him. Zach immediately got down on one knee in a bow before the King. You, however, crossed your arms and stared back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" "Your majesty, I-" Zach started but you cut him off. "Uh, what do you think we were doing? Defending the castle from that ship that tried to attack us."

"What gives you the right to think you could fight?"

"What makes you think you get to control every aspect of my life, I never asked to be a princess!"

"But since you are considered a princess you have to act like a princess!"

"What if I don't want too?"

"You don't get a choice! You live here with us so you have to learn to respect us as your parents! Now you are to go to your room and remain there until I figure out what to do with you!"

"What do you mean parents? I'm not your daughter, I'm the adopted princess, remember?" You yelled before storming passed him. You took a quick glance at the men that followed after your father. Making eye contact with the first man you remember leaving the ship earlier that day. He had shaggy brown hair in a hairstyle you didn't know how to describe, but the rest of him was surprisingly clean. His eyes studied yours before you turned back towards the dock leading the castle, forgetting Zach was left behind.

Your feet pounded against the wood as you approached the castle. You walked into the tall open corridor that turned into a large hallway. Your footsteps echoed throughout the empty halls as you made your way back to your room. You once again opened them with a huff and let them slam shut behind you. You undid your sword from your waist before falling back onto your bed, staring up at your ceiling.

You sighed deeply as you studied the random painting on your ceiling for the millionth time in your life. You tried to clear your mind, but you couldn't help but try and process everything that's happened within the last few moments. What was Zach talking about? Who's she? What did she have to do with the men you just fought? What was the King going to do to Zach for letting you fight? He'd be ok right? What were these men doing here?

Your thoughts were interrupted by your bedroom door opening. You could tell by the light footsteps they were Abbi's. "Princess (Y/N)?" Are you ok?" She spoke softly. "Yeah, I'm fine. What'd you need me for?" "Oh nothing, I just saw you walking by and you seemed to be in a bad mood so I was just checking in on you." She walked over and sat down gently on the edge of your bed. You sat up to be next to her. "Just stressed from a lot going on; I'm being wed to a guy I don't want to next week, my dad's mad at me for fighting just a few minutes ago, Zach told me some things that need more explaining but he never got to it. So, I just need a minute to myself."

"Would it help if I drew you a bath?" She offered. I mean, it wasn't a bad idea. You nodded to her and she headed towards your bathroom. You layed back down and covered your eyes with your arm. You let a single tear slip from your eye as you just wished to get away from this horrid place, and preferably before your wedding.

*another le time skeep*

You could bath yourself so after Abbi left, you stayed in the water until it got cold before getting out and clothing yourself back into your black clothes that you basically live in now. By that time it was already sunset and you were just waiting for your dad to barge in and give you your punishment for "fighting without his permission". Although you could care less at what it would be, either way, you'd find a way to get out of it.

You put your boots back on, just in case, and walked over your vanity with your jewelry and such and began to brush through your semi-dry hair. You began to slowly brush through your hair, observing your face in the mirror. Of course with being a princess, you did take care of yourself more than normal civilians did. But even still, you don't remember the last time you felt like you were really looking at yourself. This was just the person you were molded and pressured to be.

You were startled as you heard footsteps hit the ground from the other side of your room.