The Deal

Warming Hearts

A/N: Let's get on with Chapter 5, where our hero finally meets the beast! Roll it!

Chapter 5

The Deal

Back at Snowpoint City the next day, Ash was having another quiet breakfast with Pikachu and Talonflame at the Pokémon Center. As he slowly gulped down a spoonful of oatmeal and watched his two Pokémon happily gobble down their bowls of Pokémon food, Ash turned to the side and looked out the window.

His mom should've been back by now. He wasn't really too worried, but as her son, it just seemed to be natural to be. Just like she was, and still is, about him whenever he goes off on a new journey. A long ago memory then came into his mind.

Flashback

Delia picked up a five-year-old Ash and placed him in her lap. They were back at their old house in Pallet Town, sitting on the porch, watching the sunset. He was looking over at the horizon, almost bouncing in her lap as he animatedly talked about his biggest dream.

"Mommy, I can't wait until I become a Pokémon Trainer!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Delia giggled at her young son's eagerness. "Yes, sweetie. Many adventures will be waiting for you." He then turned him to face her. "You know, Ash? You're so ahead of your time."

Ash tilted his head in confusion. "Huh? But, I'm not as smart as some of the other kids at school." He said. "Especially Gary." He pouted.

"But you really care about Pokémon, don't you?" Delia asked him.

"Yeah!" Ash nodded his head enthusiastically. "I love Pokémon. With the partners and friends that I will meet and catch, I can become a Pokémon Master!"

Delia smiled. "Yes. But, remember this. I know that this is a small town."

"Small and boring." Ash grumbled, crossing his arms.

His mother chuckled at his comment and ruffled his wild raven hair. "But small also means safe. Just know that during your journey, you contact me whenever you can, so that I can know that you're okay."

"I will, Mommy." Ash said as he wrapped his small arms around her neck. "I promise."

End of Flashback

Ash smiled fondly as the memory ended. He had kept that promise ever since, and his mom had always been there for him. As a kid, he had always wanted to see what more was out there, outside of Pallet Town, since they hardly ever left.

"Mr. Mime!" A familiar cry rang out into the Center. Ash and his Pokémon all spun around in their spots and saw a panicked and hyperventilating Mr. Mime running into the Center and heading right towards them. His mother's Mr. Mime. Ash quickly got out of his seat and went over to him.

"Calm down, Mr. Mime!" Ash tried to soothe the frantic Psychic and Fairy type. "What happened?"

Mr. Mime began talking rapidly in his own language, panicking. Even though he couldn't understand him very well, he could still tell that something was definitely wrong. Ash looked around and there was no sign of his mother.

"Is it Mom?" He asked.

Mr. Mime quickly nodded his head and grabbed Ash's arm. He made no argument as he grabbed his winter jacket, put it on, and was dragged outside the Pokémon Center, with Pikachu and Talonflame trailing behind him.