Fight With Mightyena

Warming Hearts

A/N: Here we go, with the forest battle. Other than that, let's just begin the chapter. Roll it!

Chapter 11

Fight With Mightyena

Ash was running through the dark and wintery forest as fast as he could, with Pikachu still hanging tight onto his right shoulder. The moon wasn't showing in the sky, because of the thick, dark clouds covering up the night. Snow had already begun falling down, and the wind was not helping very much, either.

Finally, the raven-haired Trainer stopped to catch his breath. "Well, it's still a long way back to Snowpoint City, and we'll finally be back with Mom, and forget about that beast completely."

"Pika-pi?" Pikachu called his attention.

When Ash turned over towards his Pokémon companion, the little Electric type pointed down to his belt with his paw. Ash followed it and saw the Poké Ball containing Talonflame inside. The eighteen-year-old slapped his forehead. He had completely forgotten about him.

"Aw, man!" He exclaimed, remembering their previous escape plan. "I forgot about Talonflame! I guess I was just so scared because of the beast and so eager to just get out that I forgot that we could've just flown away."

"Pika." Pikachu chirped with an exasperated but fond look. That was just like Ash; forgetting the most important things during an adrenaline-rushed crisis.

Suddenly, a loud, bone-chilling howl was heard, echoing through the forest. Ash and Pikachu looked around their surroundings, scanning to see what might be coming out of the barren trees. There was something about that howl, one that Ash just couldn't put his finger on.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." He said. Pikachu only nodded in agreement.

Soon, glowing red eyes appeared from within the dark shrubbery. Then, more of them appeared, two by two. Ash and Pikachu felt their blood run cold at the large pack of Mightyena that was slowly started to circle them.

"Oh, great." Ash deadpanned.

The Mightyena then began to pounce on them. Ash quickly dodged their attempts to pin him down and started running again. Unfortunately, the chase didn't last for very long, when Ash soon saw that some of the Mightyena had gone up ahead of him and surrounded him once more.

"You've got to be kidding me." The raven-haired Trainer muttered with a scowl. He then turned around and saw that the rest of the pack was circling around.

"Well, looks like we have no choice, Pikachu." He said to his partner. Pikachu understood what his best friend was implying, and hopped off his Trainer's shoulder, taking a battle stance.

"Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!" Ash commanded. The little Electric type immediately began charging up his body with electricity and then fired a jagged bolt at three of the Mightyena. The large Dark types howled in pain and were stunned by the powerful shock.

"Nice work!" Ash praised, but then he heard one of the other pack members started stalking closer to him. Thinking quickly, he grabbed a large stick nearby. "Bring it on!" He challenged. "You can't beat me!"

The Mightyena then jumped up, but Ash was quick enough to smack it across the face with his stick and send it flying. Ash then saw that Pikachu was still keeping some of the other Mightyena at bay, but one was sneaking closer to him from the side.

"Pikachu, watch out!" He warned. "Use Electro Ball, over towards your right!"

Pikachu quickly turned ninety degrees to his right and formed a ball of crackling electricity on his tail. He then swung it towards the Mightyena that was attempting to pounce on him.