The Raid

3rd Person's P.O.V

Sylvia and Amicia quietly walked through the door, Lady De Rune's back turned to them as she neatly wrote in one of her books, the only sound being the scratching noise of her quill tip as it made contact with the paper. The two girls stood there for what would've been forever, if not for Amicia's courage.

''Mother...'. 'You know you are not supposed to be here? Either of you'' Beatrice spoke, not looking up from her work at the sound of one of her daughters.

''I know, but... something attacked Lion in the forest!'' Amicia spoke once again. ''She's not lying Lady De Rune. Father and I were with her as well. He needs to see you about it now'' Sylvia backed up as their mother stopped writing in her book, looking up from her desk towards them. ''My dear, I really wish I had the time to listen to your adventures but...'' Beatrice sighed before perking up as the sound of horse galloping and neighing startled the air from outside.

Quickly, Beatrice stood up from her desk and proceeded to go in the hallway on alert, peeking out of a window before turning back to the pair of girls.

''But it's true! Lion was lying there on the ground... and then he was...'' Amicia trailed off as Sylvia patted her on the shoulder in comfort. ''SShhh...You two are to stay here with your brother'' Beatrice shushed them as she tried to walk downstairs, only to be blocked by Amica.

''What? Why, what's happening?'' Amicia asked as Beatrice moved around her towards the door that led downstairs.''Close the door behind me and do not open the shutters, whatever happens'' She instructed them as she slowly opened the door.

''But...Hugo...'' Amicia trailed off again as Beatrice turned her head round to look at them.''He is not contagious. I realise you both hardly know him, but he will be alright.Trust me girls'' She said as she once again turned around and headed downstairs.''Yes mother....'' Amicia whispered.

Sylvia's P.O.V

The second Lady De Rune left and the door closed, I turned to my sister who held a sad look.''Amicia, the sooner we find Hugo, we can find out what is going on outside'' I said to her as we turned back towards the study. To treat hugo better and keep close to her, Lady De Rune had a door to Hugo's nursery connect to her room in case he fell ill. Amicia nodded as we both went into her study.

''Mommy,are you there? Come and see!'' Hugo's voice called out, muffled from behind the door.I opened the door and peaked through into the room.

Walls wooden with splashes of dried up paint. Floors littered with toys and games that me and Amicia grew bored with as we got older. And a small corner of the room blocked off with a tent as something shuffled behind it. How long has he been here? Four years? Five? Where is he?...Hugo?...'' Amicia wondered as I approached the tent,drawing back the soft material.

3rd Person's P.O.V

Sylvia drew back the tent, revealing Hugo who sat up and staired innocently at the sisters, eyes blinking as the pair stared back.

''It's us... Your sisters... Amicia and Sylvia...'' Amcia informed the boy.''Hello'' Hugo replied back.''We haven't seen each other much... Mummy will be back soon'' Sylvia explained in a soft voice,comforting the little boy.

''Move! Come on!'' A voice shouts from outside as the girls move over to the window, Amicia attempting to open it while Sylvia subconsciously grabs the hilt of her sword. Peaking out into the front of the estate, english guards force Lord De Rune to kneel as a knight rides up to them on a horse, his armor different and face hidden by a helmet.''Did he talk'' the Knight asked as he dismounted his horse.

''No, Lord Nicholas. He killed two of our four men!'' a guard reported as he pushed Lord De Rune into the damp earth. The knight turned from his subordinate to the man of the estate.''Where is he?''. Lord De Rune did not speak.''I won't ask you again... Where is your son?'' Lord Nicholas asked again as he turned his back to Lord De Rune.