Escape

3rd Person's P.O.V                                                                                                           

As the quartet escape through the backdoor of the kitchen, Footsteps and clanks of the soldiers clashed against the ground every couple of seconds as the Beatrice slowed and crouched down against a cluster of stone carved stairs, the three children copying her as Beatrice held Hugo's hand, Amicia watched her footsteps to silence herself from making anymore noise and Sylvia, who trailed behind them with a hand securely gripped onto her sword.

''Hugo, take your sister's hand. I'll go first, and you just have to follow me, Alright?'' Beatrice instructed Hugo as she placed his hand into Amicia's. ''We have to cross the gardens. Amicia, hold your brother's hand and follow me is silence, all right? Sylvia, bring up the back and prepare for any soldiers'' Beatrice continued as she slightly stood up from behind the stairs and descended down the stairs in silence .

The children all replied with a single yes as they followed her. As they walked down the stairs and into a part of the gardens filled with trees littered in the center and tall grass lining the outside in a square shape.

''Guards! Watch the exits! No one get's out of here alive!'' a soldier ordered as he walked into the centre, his back facing the trio. ''Get down!'' Beatrice whispered sharply as she motioned for the children to sneak into the grass.''They are everywhere....'' Amicia trailed off as they watched the guards walking around.

''Trust me, through the tall grass....they won't be able to see us'' Beatrice calmly whispered as she started to slowly trudge through the grass, herself blending in with the bland color.'' Wait'' Amicia said as she dragged Hugo with her, desperate to catch up with her mother.

''Mummy...'' Hugo whimpered as Beatrice turned around and gently shushed her son.''Hugo, we'll are going to play another game of hide and seek. just don't say anything and we'll win'' Sylvia said to the little boy who turned his head o her at the sound of 'game'. ''Okay'' Hugo replied innocently.

''Hey! I've got another one! a guard shouted as he walked passed them, hand clamped down on a gardener's shoulder as he harshly pushed him forward towards the other guard.''Oo is it?''.''The gardener. Knows the family well...Says he watched the kids grow up'' the guard replied.

''Yes... the little one loves flowers. I used to take him some...'' the gardener said with fright.''Flowers? Pfff! you can do better than that. Take him! make sure he tells you everything he knows'' The guard said to his companion, who grabbed the gardener and started to shove him up the stone stairs.

''Please....Don't''

''Shut up! Move!''

The second the guards left, the quartet quietly walked through the tall grass, stumbling into another part of the gardens which held another guard interrogating a frightened servant.''It worked'' Hugo whispered, Beatrice once again shushing him as all four looked at the scene in front of them.

''I've worked here all my life...They're like family to me...You'll get nothing out of me! Go to hell!'' The servant spat at his capturer.''Oh, yeah? you first'' the guard said, pushing the servant onto the ground heavily. '' Listen, ave' a little think and I'll come back later. And you, don't die without talking to me first'' The guard continued as he turned and walked to the other side of the path.

''Now!'' Beatrice whispered as they quickly walked to the other side, lining themselves against a broken low wall away from the guard's sight.

''Bastards...Cowards'' they heard a weak servant pant from behind them.''Ooh stop, yer breakin' me 'eart...Y'know, if yor master 'ad just given us his son, we could've avoided all this. But Robert de Rune doesn't like the inquisition, even though we got a noble cause. Go on, tell us everything'' The guard replied with venom and amusement in his voice.