The Chase

Sylvia's P.O.V                                                                                                                        

The rain pelted down on us as we ran through the forest, Amicia gripping her hand tightly on Hugo's as the the lights from soldier's lanterns glowed from all sides in the distance.

''Soldiers! This way!''

''Kill the sister! Take the boy and the other girl alive!''

''I thought they were only after Hugo! What could they want with you!?'' Amicia asked as if I knew the answer. ''Don't really know, but let's focus on outrunning them towards the river!'' I replied as the sky got darker and the trees moved, fighting the ever growing force of the rain.''What's happening? Where's mummy?'' Hugo asked us.

''Move! Get them!''

''She'll catch up with us! Run! As fast as you can!'' Amicia lied, pacing herself to be faster. Looking behind, I dodge an incoming spear as they start flying fro the sides of my field of vision.

''Be careful goddammit! Don't hurt the children!''

''Woah!'' I squealed as the muddy earth beneath me shook and trembled, Tree roots spurting out of the ground and rocks moving about.

''meat''

''The Ground is Shaking! Amicia, Sylvia, the ground is shaking!'' Hugo cried out, my head spinning as the the word 'meat' echo in my mind.''Don't stop! They're right behind us!'' Amicia warned as a spear nearly nips my shoulder.

'Meat'

''Faster! they went this way!''

''What's that shaking?''

''Straight on! Carry straight on!'' Amicia shouted as we gain a gap between us and the soldiers, the word getting louder in my head.

'MEAT'

Patches of ground burst open as dark shadows quickly drive towards the light of the lanterns.

''We're being attacked! 'Elp!''

''We have to catch the two alive! Get 'em!''

''But where are we going? Mummy won't be able to find us!'' Hugo questioned again about Lady De Rune.''Just keep running Hugo!'' I shouted as screams suddenly pierced the sky. The dark shadows moving as they went towards the sidelines of our path, the embers of the soldiers disappearing.''Amicia, Sylvia! We have to go back and look for Mummy!'' Hugo shouted.''We can't! We can't let them catch us!'' Amicia told him as the scream got louder.

''What the fuck's going on? Save the two!''

''Help! I need help!''

''This place is cursed! Let's get out of 'ere!''

''Where...Where should we go...I don't know... I don't know'' Amicia panicked.''Amicia, your mother said to head for the river! Don't forget that!'' I reminded her as the number of flying spears lessened.''Okay, thank you Sylvia'' Amicia replied as a thin blanket of blue peak from the trees in front of us.''There's something in the ground Amicia!'' Hugo cried out as the ground became more distorted, the dark shadows peaking in and out like rabbits.

''Fall back! Out of the woods! Everyone out of the woods!''

''Are we.... Are we going to die?'' Hugo asked us as we ran.''No! we have to lose them!'' Amicia cried out as the blanket of blue stood out more with the bridge, only to see more soldiers on there than the estate!.''Amicia! Up ahead!'' I shouted as her face sunk in fear.'' Oh no! They're everywhere'' she panicked.''What do we do?'' Hugo questioned her as I grabbed their hands and led them away towards a cliff ledge facing the river.

''Sylvia!'' Amicia cried out in surprise as I tightened my grip.''Take a deep breath! AND JUMP!'' I screamed as we all ran off and into the cold, my eyes blurring as darkness entered my gaze.

Part 1-The De Rune Legacy-End