The Mad Villagers

Sylvia's P.O.V

''Good Lord...'' Amicia gasped behind me as we stared at the scene in front of us, Fear and dread flowing through my body. A lady strapped onto the wood, which had yet to be burnt and was still alive, stared at us from over the group of villagers in front of her, eyes pleading as the flames started to lick her shoes and the bottom of her dress. ''YOU! I'M BEGGING YOU! GO GET HELP!'' She shrieked, alerting the villagers of our presence, turning to see the three of us standing there.

A large man dressed in stained clothing turned around, his fists clenched. ''Well I'll be dammed...'ere's the rest of them'' He said, his face turning sinister. ''What? No, wait... We're just looking for someone'' Amicia explained, carefully pushing Hugo backwards as we stepped back, the villagers stepping one foot towards us in return. ''And you've found 'im! It's yer damn music what brought them out eh? Those dirty vermin that invaded our church. That filth what attacked our children in their beds and gave 'em the black thing! But now you found Conrad Malfort... An' I'm telling you....This is the last village you'll infect'' The man, Conrad, declared as the villagers around him cheered.

''Amicia, Sylvia'' Hugo called out scared, grabbing the fabric of our over-shirts in fright. ''Come on!'' Amicia said as she grabbed Hugo's hand and mine, quickly dragging us away from the crowd, the villagers growling at us with bloodlust eyes. ''Run!'' Amicia shouted as we sped away from the angry mob. ''What's Happening?'' Hugo asked as we darted into the labyrinth of homes and wooden stalls. ''Just run!'' I shouted as voices of the chasers grew louder.

''CATCH THEM! THEY MUST BE JUDGED!''

''YOU WON'T GET OUT OF HERE ALIVE!''

''But why are they angry? Are they going to burn us too?'' Hugo asked as he was haphazardly dragged by Amicia. As we ran though the alleys, I could see villagers approaching us in front. ''This way!'' I shouted, grabbing Amicia and Hugo's arms and dragging them into another alley. ''We have to hide!'' I said, noticing a door that wasn't 'marked. ''Here! Get inside! Quickly!'' Amicia instructed, opening a random door and shoving us inside before closing it. The door led to a room lit by candles, filled with boxes and rags with stairs leading up to a platform. We ducked behind the boxes just as a door from the other side of the room crashed down.

''All's quiet...'' A man said as gazed over the room. ''He's going to see us'' Hugo whispered. I watched the villager as his back was turned to us as Amicia grabbed a stone off the floor. ''Don't move...wait'' Amicia said before throwing the stone at a shelf with pans hanging, the metal creating a sound as the stone bounced off.

''What's that racket about?''

Immediately the villager turned around and came down the stairs, distracted by the pans as we carefully ran passed him and up the stairs, exiting the room through the other door. We turned the corner just as footsteps approached the door.

''THERE YOU ARE!''

''Ah! not that way!'' Amicia slowed down as we went up stone stairs, losing the man behind us. ''Where...Where are we going?''. ''Come on! Just run as fast as you can!'' I told Hugo as we pushed away lines of clothes and rags that blocked out view. ''There! The wall!'' Amicia called out, turning left towards a low rise stone wall.

''Shit! OH THE LITTLE SODS!''

''They coming!'' Hugo cried as Amicia lifted him up at the top of the wall. ''Quick! Quick!'' Amicia said as Hugo pushed himself over and onto the other side. ''Sylvia, you next'' Amicia nodded to me as I lifted myself over, landing next to Hugo, Amicia landing seconds after me.

''WHERE ARE THEY? WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?''

''THEY MUST BE HIDING IN A HOLE SOMEWHERE, LIKE SNAKES!''