And Then There Was One

Morning came around without much fanfare. Stale light filtered through the blinds in the window, slanting across Lexi's face annoyingly. She crinkled her face up before even opening her eyes. It took a few moments for the brunette to remember the events from the night before, but once she did, her eyes widened and she twisted in place, her gaze sharply flicking towards Law's spot. It was empty, but his bag remained where it was. Apparently he was already awake but thankfully had not left the building. The painful spike of a bad hangover shot through her head, and she curled up into a fetal position, hands holding her throbbing temple with a groan.

Some of the day before was fuzzy, in fact, most of it, but there were several things that were clear as day. Like the giant fight outside the office, and the herd that had decided to stick around. And...she couldn't forget the hot feeling of his hands trailing her body, his lips not far behind. Phantom tingles lining the areas he'd kissed made her shiver, and her thighs rubbed together uncomfortably tight. God, this had all been her fault. If she had been sober enough to push him away then all of this could have been prevented.

She couldn't imagine what Law thought of her now. That she was an easy slut who just wanted in his pants? That she had taken advantage of their bad situation? That she didn't respect him? The more she guessed at it, the worse she felt, until another throb through her skull made her stop thinking entirely.

Penguin and Shachi were also gone, leaving her by herself in their sleeping area. What's more, she could hear quiet conversation from the floor below her, some of them distinctly male in tone. But from this distance and with a floor between them, she couldn't tell who was talking. She pushed up into a reluctant sitting position, careful not to move too fast for fear of making her hangover worse.

Several minutes of pep-talking herself into going down there, and having to come face to face with Law no less, Lexi got dressed into her spare clothing and stood, shuffling towards the stairwell with rising trepidation.

___________________________

"How's the hangover?" Penguin asked quietly from beside Law. He gave him a dry glance, letting his tired expression answer for him. Penguin gave him a sympathetic, slanted smile before giving their leader some space. Which was good, because he was in no mood for conversation that morning. None of the others fared any better, all looking worse for wear and definitely in no condition to leave even if they wanted to.

The zombies outside still hadn't vacated the area. They no longer banged incessantly at the building's exterior, thankfully, but most had opted to mingle around the building, preventing them from going anywhere for the day without having to fight through 30 or so of the undead. Which was unfortunate, considering just how much Law really didn't want to stay cooped up in the office all day. Being stuck in close proximity to a certain brunette he was trying his best to avoid wasn't something he was looking forward to in the slightest.

Law had woken up that morning with a raging headache and a slew of embarrassing memories. Part of him had desperately hoped that it had all somehow been a cruel nightmare, but he doubted anything his mind conjured up could be so vivid. He distinctly remembered the way she squirmed under his hands, and the breathy moans she'd whispered so lewdly into his ear. God, or how her skin had tasted under his tongue...She'd been so receptive to his actions, so encouraging.

Waking up early had been the biggest blessing, so he could escape from her sight before being caught in a very uncomfortable conversation should she happen to awaken first. With any luck, she'd forget the whole night happened and wouldn't be the wiser.

Look at me, hiding from her like it would make a fucking difference. If you remembered it, she sure as shit will.

He'd taken advantage of her, used her. He knew full well if they hadn't been startled in the middle of things, he'd have taken it further. Much further, into territory he tried very hard not to think about right now. If she held any respect for him going forward, he'd be surprised. Bitterly, he thought that perhaps this would give the final push she needed to make up her mind and go with Brittany's group when they finally did leave. Why would she feel the need to stay in a group where they'd done something so dastardly. Law's own stupidity had probably pushed her away, in the end. What a great leader he turned out to be.