The New Kid

The day is starting off cool and breezy. It's the middle of November on a weekday. So why the hell am I stuck in this boring classroom?

"Pssst"
"Hey, Senpai! PSSST"

Japan was agressively whispering at America, trying to get his attention.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that...?," Ame sighed while he lifted his head up from his arms. He was trying to take a nap. He moved his sunglasses on top of his head, over his eyes.

"Well, I have some exciting news to tell you Senpai~" Her smile was so wide, she could play the next Joker.

Ame stretched out his arms and slumped back in his chair. "Okay Happy Pappy, what's the news that's making you sooo excited?"

"A new kid!"

"New kid?," Ame asked. "I mean, we get new students here almost every month. What's the deal with this one?"

"I heard rumors~"

"..."

Japan leaned from her desk to Ame's side. She started to whisper in his right ear, "I heard he's the eldest son of the U.S.S.R. family."

Ame raised his left eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

Japan sat back down in her seat and shrugged. "Who knows, they're only rumors for now."

• • •

The bell had rung and Ame left to his next class, History. He sat in his normal spot, the back seat next to the windows. Ame found that spot most comfortable as it was relaxing and calm to him. He stared out the window and looked at the grayish sky.

Why does something seem off?

"Class! I would like your attention! We have a new student joining us today. I'd like for you to give him a warm welcome."

Might as well see what he looks like, right?

Ame turned to the front direction and saw a tall boy, the boy had three horizontal stripes: white, blue and red. His white fluffy hair peeped out under his grey Ushanka. He wore a light blue and white striped baggy shirt with Adidas pants and shoes. His eyes looked intimidating. The teacher asked him to introduce himself.

"My name is...Russia."

"Anything else?," the teacher asked.

"I have nothing else to say other than this-" He looked at all classmates before he left his gaze on Ame.

Nope Nope Nope. Don't look at me.

Ame slightly turned his eyes to look outside, avoiding the awkward eye contact. Everyone looked cautious as Russia was about to speak.

"You're rumors of my family.." He paused. Someone gulped. "-have no reason to be in your filthy mouths."