one

tw: uncensored swearing

Sunday morning,
vacant doorway

Wipe the sunlight
from your eyes

And trace your favorite constellation
on their skin

Overwhelmed by
the emotion

Watching cogs turn in your mind

You sort of wonder
where this wonder

May have been

'Cause you're always
in between

Stuck behind the TV screen

In somebody
else's dream

Feeling like a ghost

Virgil tripped over himself, falling backwards before Patton caught him in a dangerously low dip. This was the third time he had messed up the run through of their routine.

"Damn it. Sorry, Patton." Virgil apologized.

"Oh, it's okay kiddo. We did very well, you just weren't quite ready for the next step." Patton smiled at his best friend of nineteen years and dancing partner of five.

Virgil forced a small smile.

"Anyways, it's getting late. I was going to go stop by the coffee shop to see Logan, would you care to join me?" Patton asked.

"Sure, why not." Virgil mumbled. He always went with Patton to the coffee shop.

"There's a new guy, he goes to our school, majors in theatrical arts. He's cute, I think you'll like him." Patton smiled deviously, "no backing out though, you already said you'd come."

Virgil sighed. Patton was a good friend, but he was restless when it came to getting Virgil to try dating again.

He slipped his backpack strap over his shoulder. "Whatever you say Pat, I'm gonna go change now." Virgil quickly changed the subject.

"Alright kiddo. I'll be right behind you." Patton replied as Virgil slipped out of the room and made his way down the hallway of the performing arts hall. He opened the door to the bathroom, finding a stall and changing rather quickly.

Patton was just coming in the bathroom when he began stuffing his dance clothes in his backpack on the counter where the sink was.

Patton shot him a smile in the mirror and disappeared into a bathroom stall.

Virgil stepped out of the bathroom and waited outside for Patton, who joined him a short two minutes later.

"Ready kiddo?" Patton smiled at Virgil.

"Yeah, sure." Virgil followed after Patton to the parking lot out back. They located Patton's car in record time and climbed in.

"Let's go." Patton giggled, starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot rather quickly.

// an //
alrighttttttttt and we're on! this chapter was very short compared to the rest of them (all 900+ words). as always, I hope you enjoyed and stayed tuned for chapter two next week!!