seven

tw: uncensored swearing

It was quite a while after he had last seen Roman, the last time being a few hours before at their little coffee shop meet up.

Virgil found himself restless once again as he lay in his bed facing the wall of band posters that flanked his bed on one side.

Virgil knew Remus was awake. He and his roommate didn't have very great sleep schedules, on good nights they got three or four hours, other nights getting none at all.

"Hey, Ree?" Virgil asked quietly.

"What's up, Virgey?"

"Can I rant?" Virgil's sounded unsure even though he was well aware that his roommate would be more than happy to listen.

"Of course, darling. Rant away." Remus's voice was genuine and gentle.

"It's about your brother."

"Ugh. That bastard?" Remus's response made Virgil giggle softly.

"It's good this time actually." Virgil

"Oh? Do tell." Remus was smiling even though Virgil couldn't see him.

"He asked me out."

"And? Why do you seem so," Remus searched for the right word, "flustered?"

"I said yes." Virgil's response surprised Remus.

"That's wonderful, darling. I'm very proud of you. It takes a lot to say yes to someone you're not so sure about." Remus's smile grew slightly.

Virgil let out a faint, "yeah."

"He's a good person, Virgey. He will be very good to you. He needs someone to care for and show his overwhelming amount of appreciation to. He needs someone like you in his life, you'll do him a world of good." Remus's voice was gentle and almost motherly.

"I hope you're right." Virgil mumbled.

"Of course I am, he's my brother, I know him a little too well for my tastes." Remus joked, chuckling softly.

"Thanks, Remus." Virgil appreciated his roommate beyond what words could ever allow him to express.

"Of course, darling."

They found themselves enveloped in a comfortable silence until Virgil broke out into rambles about his roommate's brother.

"He's really pretty. He has gorgeous eyes and his hair is really soft and he's very considerate and he thinks ahead. He's just so ugh." Virgil half hated the way he was describing his roommate's brother because no matter how much he wanted to have Roman, there was still a part of him that feared that the past would dance right back into his life and become both a present and future problem.

"Virgey, listen, I'll only say this once. Roman has never had a hard time with relationships, you're the first person who has ever presented him with a challenge. He's interested in you for real and once he has his eyes on someone it's very hard to get him to not." Remus explained. "If he asked you out, he genuinely likes you, and with the way you're talking about him, you might too."

Virgil had become a blushing mess by the time Remus had finished his little speech.

"Thanks, Ree." Virgil mumbled.

"Of course, darling, I just want what's best for the both of you. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true." Remus's voice sounded heavy as if there was something he had brought to his own mind with his words.

"Something wrong?" Virgil sat up from his previous position, looking across the room to his roommate.

"Nothing wrong, its just that," he paused, smiling to himself, "there's this guy."

"Oh? Do tell." Virgil smiled, mocking Remus's earlier tone of voice. It had been a long time since his roommate had been with anyone. The double major student had devoted most of his spare time to making sure Virgil was living his healthiest, best life.

"Well, his name is Dee."

"Oooooh, classic fuck boy name."

"No way, classic fuck boy would be, like, Kyle or something."

"Whatever, doesn't matter. Continue." Virgil stared contently at his roommate.

"He's very modest and he's a really good clarinet player. He can play Flight of the Bumblebee in under a minute! He gets flustered very easily and it is the cutest." Remus rambled on about the supposedly adorable clarinet player.

"So he majors in music?"

"Music education, actually. He wants to be a teacher. He's really good around kids."

"Wow. Have you told him about your feelings yet?" Virgil asked, he smiled at how his roommate talked about Dee. There was that passionate little sparkle in his eye that Virgil loved so much.

"Not yet, but we've been flirting for a while and there's definitely, uh, some tension. I was thinking about asking him out to try to ease the tension."

Virgil's face dropped to something of faux disgust and surprise. "Remus you were planning to get laid and you didn't tell me?"

"Sorry darling, it just had to be that way. Speaking of getting laid though, have you and Roman-"

Virgil cut his roommate of with a shriek.

"Oh my god Remus, shut up! No! Plus even if we had, he's your brother!" Virgil's voice was high pitched.

"Alright, darling. But just so you know, if and when I do get laid, you're getting all of the details and I expect the same in return."

Virgil groaned and hurled a pillow at the man across the room.

"Anyways, I was thinking since we dyed your hair, we could do something with mine?" Remus asked.

"I mean, it isn't up to me, is it?"

"I was thinking about my bangs. Any color suggestions?"

"Gray maybe?" Virgil answered rather quickly, a small smile on his face.

"Y'know what? Why the hell not." Remus chuckled.

"I sure hope that for your sake Dee is into older guys."

"Did you just call me old?" Remus's playfully accusatory tone was like vibrant stab in the calm aura of the room.

"The gray bangs, the mustache. You're going to look old as fuck." Virgil was smirking.

"Oh, har har, just get dressed we're going out."

They made a quick trip to the convenience store, Remus got a box of silver-ish gray hair dye and Virgil found a plaid purple colored fabric that matched his hair, figuring Patton might be able to do something with it. And with the two fairly simple purchases, the two roommates left and returned to their dorm.

// an //

FUCK I FORGOT, PLEASE DONT EAT ME