eleven

tw: none

When Virgil had finally decided to wake, for real this time, he reached out for the sticky note on the night stand.

I wish I could have stayed with you longer, my darling, but I have a lecture. I'll text you when I get out.

When he found his phone, someone had plugged it in at his desk, he found two unread texts from Roman.

You're probably still asleep, but I'm out of my lecture now

Also I'm gonna swing by later this evening with something to eat and to check on you, my treat

Virgil checked the time on his phone. It was almost seven.

He went to text Roman back, but there was the sound of keys unlocking the dorm door.
He eyed the door lazily until it swung open to reveal the two Sanders brothers.

Remus was the one who had opened the door, Roman carried three to-go Arby's bags.

"Hello, darling." Remus purred to his roommate. Roman shot him a look.

"Roman, don't. He's been calling me darling for longer than you've known me."

Remus went to cheer victoriously before Virgil shot him a look.

"Remus, act like a good brother."

"Fine." Remus pouted.

"Ok, good. Now, food please." Virgil looked back to Roman, who had set the take-out bags on his desk.

"Quick to the point, now are we?" Roman teased.

Virgil let out a soft growl before Roman sat next to him, handing him a bag.

"How was your rest, Sleeping Beauty?" Roman asked, smirking over at Virgil, who had already begun to indulge himself in the food.

Virgil hummed in response, sitting back against the headboard of his bed.

Virgil's phone buzzed and he was quick to check it.

It was a text from Patton.

Hey kiddo!! Roman said he was going to grab something, have you eaten yet???

Virgil smiled to himself and texted back a quick yes in reply and switching the ringer to silent.

"Virgil, dear, do tell me how you slept." Roman purred, scooting closer to Virgil.

"I slept like a tired dead man." Virgil finally answered. He leaned a little closer to Roman.

"Disgusting, I wish you two would just get together already." Remus muttered under his breath.

Roman shot him a look and they finished their food in comfortable silence.

Roman was the first to speak.

"I do believe it is getting late, and, though I would love to stay longer, I am afraid I must take my leave."

Virgil, who was practically cuddled into the theater student's side, let out a quiet whine of protest.

"Get out, you buffoon. I wish not to see you again for a week!" Remus sneered playfully.

"Don't go." Virgil whined, dragging out the 'o.'

"As adorable as that was, I'm afraid I must. I have a class bright and early tomorrow morning." Roman smiled sweetly at Virgil, pecking him lightly on the forehead before standing to leave.

Virgil continued to protest as Roman gathered his things and left the room, heading back for his own.

"Finally, I though he'd never leave." Remus snickered. "Though I must admit, it seems as if you two have gotten physically closer."

"We cuddle sometimes." Virgil had picked his phone back up, probably to text Roman and make sure he'd text and tell him when he got back to his dorm.

"Sickening." Remus commented. "I can't believe you're dating my brother."

"We're not dating." Virgil's response was quick and the dance student discarded his phone on his pillow. His voice had picked up a slightly irritated tone.

"Then why did he kiss you?" Remus questioned, staring at Virgil from across the room.

"He does that sometimes."

"You two are always together and even when you're not you're always talking to him." Remus could tell Virgil was getting ready to snap. He needed him to, it was practically the only way to get the man to realize that he did, in fact, like Roman back.

"I like him, okay? Is it a problem that I like to hang out with your brother?" Virgil spat.

"Not at all. In fact, if you like him, I think you should ask him out." Remus commented nonchalantly,

"How would I do that?" Virgil asked. His temper had cooled almost immediately.

"Well, it's funny you should ask." Remus smirked. "I happen to know just the sappy romantic gesture you may be looking to perform."

// an //
thank you to the wonderful people of my message board who made a group effort to remind me what day it was and then i didn't even remember why i asked

smh i swear if y'all didn't keep me in line there probably wouldn't be a book-