nine

tw: none

Virgil woke in a dorm room that wasn't his.

Brightly colored posters lined the walls and pillows surrounded him and-

Arms. There were a pair of arms wrapped around his torso, hugging him back against whoever the arms belonged to. He noticed hot breath on the back of his neck too, each soft puff of air making him shiver.

The previous night's events flashed through Virgil's brain and he squirmed around, catching a glimpse of honey-fawn colored hair.

It was just Roman.

Something inside of Virgil did a happy dance. Roman was cuddling him. That was good, right? His anxiety kicked in.

It was as if someone had pushed his inner, happy dancing self over. His mind raced with thoughts of, "this means nothing," and, "it's his bed, you idiot."

There was movement. It was Roman, of course. It was always Roman.

The theater student's lips curved upwards once he realized he was holding the purple haired man.

"Mornin'." Roman's voice was sleepy and husky with a drawn out and almost southerner's accent.

"Morning, Princey." Virgil murmured, he thought that the exchange would mean that Roman would let him go so he could leave and they could address that night later, but he was surprised when soft lips brushed lightly over the nape of his neck, a soft puff of breath disturbing his messy hair almost immediately afterwards.

"You're awfully pretty, y'know?" Roman's voice had cleared a little bit of the accent and his voice sounded smoother.

Virgil let out a soft hum before breaking the comfortable silence by shifting and asking the question that had been hanging over both of their heads for a while.

"Roman, what am I to you?" Virgil's voice was gentle contrary to his usual pissy tone.

"What would you like to be to me?" Roman shot back.

"What do you want me to be to you?" Virgil's question came sharp and pointedly. He wanted a clear answer, not banter.

"I want you to be my boyfriend." Roman paused. "I want to take you out and do stuff and I want to cuddle you like this all the time." Roman's statements were blunt and Virgil smiled and let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding.

"I want to be yours Roman, I really do." Virgil's voice quiver slightly. "It's just that I've been hurt so many times." Virgil's voice broke off and a tear escaped the corner of his eye.

"Oh, Virgil." Roman's voice was sympathetic and he tightened his arms around the man just a little.

"I don't need another pity talk. Let me explain." Virgil took a deep breath in. "I've been hurt so many times, so naturally I keep high guard of my emotions in fear of getting hurt again." Virgil let out a huff.
"Roman, you waltzed into my life and I felt my emotional barriers crumble just in the slightest. I want you to understand that I want to be yours so bad, I just need a little bit of time."

Roman smiled at Virgil.

"Oh, my dear, I can tell that it took a lot of courage to tell me that. I do sincerely hope that some day you'll be able to share why exactly you have such high emotional defenses, but for now that explanation is perfect. I promise to never push for more than you're ready to give because to me whatever you're willing to give is enough. I want you to know that I will give it my all no matter what and that I hope some day you'll be able to say the same in return." Roman released Virgil and sat up.

Virgil was smiling at Roman, his eyes somewhat watery.

"Roman, I want to be your boyfriend." Virgil's voice was something of a low purr and Roman grinned.

"It would be my pleasure to be able to call you my boyfriend." Roman's voice was smooth and Virgil moved so that he was sitting in the theater student's lap.

"I want so bad for you to call me that, I just need some more time."

"Of course darling, whatever you need. I'm a patient man." Roman smiled gently at Virgil.

"So I'm told." Virgil rolled his eyes. He buried his face in Roman's neck, throwing his arms around his shoulders. Roman's arms instinctively wrapped around Virgil's middle.

"You really are too cute." Roman chuckled.

Virgil, rather deviously, nipped at a spot just below Roman's jaw.

"That's for calling me cute." Virgil grumbled.

He didn't move from where he was and he kept his face hidden.

He liked this. He felt safe. He felt appreciated. He liked Roman. Unlike his previous relationship, Roman made him feel like he had an option. He felt free. He felt happy.

// an //

happy 1 am. i officially have over 15 past due assignments jfjfjskfkg